Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

scargill wrote: »
    nothing in Newbridge yet....

10 minutes later - it's fairly coming down now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

ragg wrote: »
    Bin lid :pac:

The bonnet off a old VW Beetle.

Or anything sprayed with Clarke Griswalds magic spray :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

What is the best sledging device ?

You would of thought i would have thought of this, tut tut.

Old car bonnet. Edit : beaten to it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

What is the best sledging device ?

You would of thought i would have thought of this, tut tut.

not sure if it's any help but if your handy with some DIY
    How to build a super sledge

CroppyBoy1798 one looks cool but might be more work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I can recommend the 'ThunderSnow MkII', of course this is a basic model, you could have the delux version produced if you so wish!! :D

thundersnow.jpg

It works too!! You can see this by the fear on his face......:p
    sledding.jpg

Alternatively, if you havent got the cash to splash :P a large 4foot square metal 'STOP' sign appeared to have worked for some youngsters today, bear in mind though that if anyone should stray into your path your liable to take a leg off!! :p

We used the lid of a kiddies sand pit the other day,you know the plastic turtle sand pit,muna!!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Timistry wrote: »
    Getting sick of this cold dry weather. i want some precip.. Have noy had any now for a week. Why do i get the feeling that tomorrow will be a non-event for us again...

I'm thinking the same unfortunately, we really do deserve some decent snow fall after all this cold weather:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Carpenter wrote: »
    As I said and it works fair play

Worked a treat Carpenter, I was his 'horse' of sorts today, dragging him around a park on it, she glides smoothly over the snow/ice. I gave the runners a good waxing first of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

it's lashing down here in dundrum at the moment, getting heavier, i can't see the city anymore, just about able to see the neighbours houses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

i am half way through eating my hat i said earlier that the north co. dublin rivervalley/swords area will not get much snow tonight i was wrong and wrong again but in an earlier post i did say i was one of the worst weather forcasters in ireland. i have to say it's well snowed out here in rivervalley/swords. i slipped on the way back and landed on my back and a few young lads walked by and i said you beter not whack me out of it with snowballs and they said they are only going for cars. so if you know anyone driving tell them to lock their doors in the car cause they are running up and opening the passenger door and pelting them out of it just a tought ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Drumster

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god 610 on this forum:eek:!

Where are all my fellow Corkonians?! Munster legend anything happening in Mallow?

Alright Leahyl,

I'm down south of Macroom in Kilmichael and all we've had is one or two sprinkles..

Lets hope things improve down here tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Coyote wrote: »
    not sure if it's any help but if your handy with some DIY
    How to build a super sledge

CroppyBoy1798 one looks cool but might be more work

Jeez, I could have been making them and selling them over in the park today with what kids and parents were over there!! :eek: On everything from metal road signs to cardboard boxes! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Drumster wrote: »
    Alright Leahyl,

I'm down south of Macroom in Kilmichae and all we've had is one or two sprinkles..

Lets hope things improve down here tomorrow

Heya Drumster - you new here?! I'm actually feeling drained at this point - sick of waiting now:D Roads i'd say are lethal where you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Woah...lashing big fat sideways snow here too..holy poo !:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had tiny snow shower at last, i must be on the very edge of the Isle of Man snow shield, now if only I could get the wind to swing around a bit more easterly out of the shield and join in the rest of the fun the Dubliners down the road are getting:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

heavy here again, fog horn in dun laoghaire blaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

ragg wrote: »
    Bin lid :pac:

Clearly not....... :P
    A Sherry fitzgerald (or any estate agent, I'm not fussy) Sign or even election posters are fantastic! :D
    SPEED DEMON!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

zenno wrote: »
    i am half way through eating my hat i said earlier that the north co. dublin rivervalley/swords area will not get much snow tonight i was wrong and wrong again but in an earlier post i did say i was one of the worst weather forcasters in ireland. i have to say it's well snowed out here in rivervalley/swords. i slipped on the way back and landed on my back and a few young lads walked by and i said you beter not whack me out of it with snowballs and they said they are only going for cars. so if you know anyone driving tell them to lock their doors in the car cause they are running up and opening the passenger door and pelting them out of it just a tought ?

Ah rivervalley, somethings never change, wrong side of the jacko, thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Yeah i hear you there alright!! Come ooonn snow, you can do it!!:D
    Gonzo wrote: »
    had tiny snow shower at last, i must be on the very edge of the Isle of Man snow shield, now if only I could get the wind to swing around a bit more easterly out of the shield and join in the rest of the fun the Dubliners down the road are getting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Wowchers! That's the heaviest I've seen it yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

surprised that there's no weather warning from ME, Irish sea is generating more organised snow this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Holy ****.... BLIZZARD ....Rathfarnham......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

holly1 wrote: »
    We used the lid of a kiddies sand pit the other day,you know the plastic turtle sand pit,muna!!!:P

Never though of that but that what ill be useing tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

So when our snow event arrives where will it hit first and which poster is nearest?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

More moderate driving snow.

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Its the same here.... damn I love this weather !!!

If tomorrows event comes to pass im meeting pistolpetes11 at Toughers for a snowball fight !!! lol ! :D

I out back making up the ammunition as I type !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Had more here in the last hour or so than in all of this morning, I think.

Predictions of 2-5cm ahead of the so-called 'event' tomorrow may actually turn out to be accurate...if not perhaps conservative. Don't have measuring equipment here, but I think 5cm is probably the minimum we've had today in total.

(D15 here)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Radar looks nuts and not a flake here:( What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Worked a treat Carpenter, I was his 'horse' of sorts today, dragging him around a park on it, she glides smoothly over the snow/ice. I gave the runners a good waxing first of course.

And so you should after all you are the dad and looking at it a good 1 too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Chucking it down here now!

Right other half just did the old measuring tape and after a few showers over the last number of days and no thaw to speak of we have 1 1/4 inches! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god 610 on this forum:eek:!

Where are all my fellow Corkonians?!

Just had a look outside and the stars are shining over the city...guess we'll have to wait awhile yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement