Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Holy ****.... BLIZZARD ....Rathfarnham.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

confirmed up the road in Knocklyon :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

moderate to heavy in Sandyford also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

zenno wrote: »
    i am half way through eating my hat i said earlier that the north co. dublin rivervalley/swords area will not get much snow tonight i was wrong and wrong again but in an earlier post i did say i was one of the worst weather forcasters in ireland.

I'm very glad you were wrong - you had me worried earlier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

zenno wrote: »
    i am half way through eating my hat i said earlier that the north co. dublin rivervalley/swords area will not get much snow tonight i was wrong and wrong again but in an earlier post i did say i was one of the worst weather forcasters in ireland. i have to say it's well snowed out here in rivervalley/swords. i slipped on the way back and landed on my back and a few young lads walked by and i said you beter not whack me out of it with snowballs and they said they are only going for cars. so if you know anyone driving tell them to lock their doors in the car cause they are running up and opening the passenger door and pelting them out of it just a tought ?

Ah we'll let you off!! I don't think anyone predicted what developed and continues to develop out in the Irish Sea

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

holly1 wrote: »
    Can I come to:D.

Its more than likely looking good at the moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I out back making up the ammunition as I type !

Compact them good and solid, you want them to hurt and lob one at him for me will you?!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 smofty84

The "snow-pocolypse" has started in some fashion here in Celbridge-holy blizzard batman!!It's crazy-just looking out my window now - have never seen anything like this at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Drumster

leahyl wrote: »
    Heya Drumster - you new here?! I'm actually feeling drained at this point - sick of waiting now:D Roads i'd say are lethal where you are?

Yeah up until now i have been a innocent bystander as we've had no snow to report... Fingers crossed tomorrow / Monday will give us wht we have been craving!!!:D

Oh yeah, the roads fairly bad now alright..

- enough ice now though!!! bring on the snow!!!

Cork deserves it at this stage!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

:( Reading all your posts makes me want to cry...not a thing here in Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Rougies wrote: »
    Woah...lashing big fat sideways snow here too..holy poo !:eek:

Lower levels in Dublin dont seem to getting much at all, just a few light showers here in Terenure, 157ft asl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Drumster wrote: »
    Oh yeah, the roads fairly bad now alright..

- enough ice now though!!! bring on the snow!!!

Cork deserves it at this stage!!! :D:D

Ain't that the truth:rolleyes:!.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Murphdog94 wrote: »
    Clearly not....... :P
    A Sherry fitzgerald (or any estate agent, I'm not fussy) Sign or even election posters are fantastic! :D
    SPEED DEMON!! :D

I saw a sign today at ground level for 'summer offers' on car washes. Half buried in snow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Jeez, I could have been making them and selling them over in the park today with what kids and parents were over there!! :eek: On everything from metal road signs to cardboard boxes! :p

Plastic Bin liners work very well too. As does the neighbour's wheely bin... remove the rubbish, then the lid (keep the bin liner) and saw the bin lengthways down the middle (you get two out of it AND the bin liner)... when they kick off the next morning cock your eyes in the air and say "those brats of (add a family name that you have grievance with), we should get a petition together to get rid of that damn family." ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

jessie37 wrote: »
    :( Reading all your posts makes me want to cry...not a thing here in Kerry

If you believe it will come... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

flanzer wrote: »
    Ah we'll let you off!! I don't think anyone predicted what developed and continues to develop out in the Irish Sea

It shows no sign of stopping at the moment either

mad DIY wrote: »
    Lower levels in Dublin dont seem to getting much at all, just a few light showers here in Terenure, 157ft asl

You're just getting unlucky, that shower must have missed you by only about 2 miles
    I reckon the next round will hit you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Have done some maths, Im a geek, please forgive me.

If a post = 1 metre and a quoted post = 2 metres we have posted enough since 18th Dec in the weather forum to go around the world 2.35 times.
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Blogger50 wrote: »
    Chucking it down here now!

Right other half just did the old measuring tape and after a few showers over the last number of days and no thaw to speak of we have 1 1/4 inches! :D

Hi Blogger:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

irish1967 wrote: »
    So when our snow event arrives where will it hit first and which poster is nearest?
    lets log off and come back when it starts snowing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

im finally feeling good about the snow events here - im really starting to believe its going to be epic over the next few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭compsys

mad DIY wrote: »

I'd recommend you look out your window a little more carefully. It was lashing snow here in Rathfarnham up to 5 mins ago at least. With snow this heavy it would HAVE to be snowing heavily too down in Terenure, seeing as it's less than a mile away. It couldn't be so localised now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Love it.

3 Hour Forecast Maps
    hr.gif

3hr-rain.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Jeez, I could have been making them and selling them over in the park today with what kids and parents were over there!! :eek: On everything from metal road signs to cardboard boxes! :p

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Another little mini blizzard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

About 5cm on the ground now.

White white white. :D:D

The Met though it wasn't going to kick off till morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Met Schmet ;);):D:D:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Just to clarify...is this independent of that apparent 'event'? Is this 'just' convection off the irish sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ye are some lucky feckers in the east! Not a drop of precip on the radar near the south!:rolleyes: Well there is but it does not want to move inland....yet:D!

Never underestimate the RAW POWER of the Irish Sea :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

compsys wrote: »
    I'd recommend you look out your window a little more carefully. It was lashing snow here in Rathfarnham up to 5 mins ago at least. With snow this heavy it would HAVE to be snowing heavily too down in Terenure, seeing as it's less than a mile away. It couldn't be so localised now.

Defo nothing happened here for a good while. I'm not looking out the window contiuously, but the car is parked just outside, and the last snow about an hour ago is melting off. No new snow since then that has noticably accumulated. I seem to have a very strong personal snow sheild :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement