Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

flanzer wrote: »
    Ah we'll let you off!! I don't think anyone predicted what developed and continues to develop out in the Irish Sea
    I saw it coming, see post 1009 if you're interested.
    The showers developed on the Irish Sea around 1630.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Rougies wrote: »
    And how many times did I tell you to read the forum ;)

the forum cannot predict precipitation ? i don't get you.

snowman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

All quiet here on the western front in Castlebar, Mayo, No snow now in the past few hours, looking at the radar to see if any of the eastern stuff pushes across like it did earlier today...Id love to wake up in the morning with a foot of snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

ragg wrote: »
    Absolute snow fest - imagine 28 years ago - they didn't have the internet to talk about it on, what did they do?

I believe snow bards went around from town to town reporting to the overlords what the weather was doing everywhere else. :)

Imagine if we all got this excited about rain coming? :eek: Even in drought ridden countries that need rain people like to get the water but still think it's crap when it's raining. :(

If I come back as precipitation in another life hopefully I'll be a snow flake and not a rain drop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Very heavy in my part of Swords at the min - sky a beautiful pink colour :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

We're missing out here in Meath. The Dubs are doing well tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Snowshoe Sam

Ok am now getting crick in neck from constantly turning around to check out the window but still nothing......not a flake. :(

Anything happening anywhere in South Wicklow even...Arklow?

*crossing fingers*

So near and yet so far....:rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Very heavy in my part of Swords at the min - sky a beautiful pink colour :confused:

city lights bouncing off the snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Are there any snow showers hitting the south coast ?

We'd a sprinkling of snow in Cork City earlier today, but it's been rather snowless since.

What are the chances of snow tonight / tomorrow morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I see my snow shield is doing its job tonight,oh roll on tomorrow.

Exciting stuff though people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

ch750536 wrote: »
    I hate calling people liars but....
    which bit ? No internet, am posting on mobile, or no snow, had about 25 mins of dust this afternoon. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

No Sam we get snow

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Coming down thick and heavy in Cabra, Dublin 7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

redsunset wrote: »
    I see my snow shield is doing its job tonight,oh roll on tomorrow.

Exciting stuff though people.

After having a moderate snow shower here in Carlow town red.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Coming down quick and fast in Enfield!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭snowfan

Hey folks,

Have a look at the UK Met Office radar:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

It would appear that the majority of snowfall over Britain & Ireland at the moment is over the east coast of Ireland / Leinster region

I am not too far from Dublin Airport, we have had a good few showers (heavy, then light) since about 7pm tonight to add to the snowfall from this morning

Nice pleasant surprise

Was never aware the Irish Sea could be such a snow-making machine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭jd

ragg wrote: »
    Absolute snow fest - imagine 28 years ago - they didn't have the internet to talk about it on, what did they do?

We sneaked out when our parents weren't looking and went sledging after midnight here

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=52.346535,-6.54326&spn=0.019584,0.038581&t=p&z=15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

5 minutes of very fine snow here in edenderry. all ye guys up the road in kildare are taking all the heavy stuff.tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The Dubs are doing well

Bout the only time this year the Dubs will do well ;):p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unfortunately it's gonna stay bleak for us for quite some time, The Isle of Man has fairly screwed up our snow chances for most of the cold spell so far. The differerence in snow between Dunshaughlin and 5 miles down the road near Clonee and Blanch is unreal. we seem to be outside the main snow bands for the entire week. Im hoping on a more easterly swing of winds later on in the night bringing us back into the action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Coming down thick and heavy in Cabra, Dublin 7

Likewise in Glasnevin, blizzardy since about 7.30...it's really sitting thick, some cars may actually need to be shoveled out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Kilmoon - Duleek area here and not a sausage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

snowfan wrote: »

Was never aware the Irish Sea could be such a snow-making machine! :)

I've always been aware that the Wicklow mountains are a snow killing machine!! :mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

light fluffy snow falling in bray... temp 2.1 DP-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

After having a moderate snow shower here in Carlow town red.

Good stuff,there very hit and miss tonight this far inland but our day will come (TOMORROW):D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Elnin09

Issued at 09 January 2010 - 21:35
    Weather Warning

Further wintry showers mainly in eastern and and southeastern counties Saturday night then, sleet and snow developing more widely across the country during Sunday and into Monday, giving falls of 5 - 10 cm in places, with Munster and Leinster most at risk.

Frosty, icy conditions persisting throughout on a widespread scale. Freezing fog lifting Saturday night or early Sunday as winds freshen.
    hr.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

another decent bit of snow coming down again in Finglas atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

where exactly is tommorrows event coming from? Nothing seems to be moving over from europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

vizualpics wrote: »
    All quiet here on the western front in Castlebar, Mayo, No snow now in the past few hours, looking at the radar to see if any of the eastern stuff pushes across like it did earlier today...Id love to wake up in the morning with a foot of snow!

we could see the remnants of those showers in a couple of hours but unfortunately they won't be very heavy here like they currently are in the east:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement