Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

LFCFan wrote: »
    Kilmoon - Duleek area here and not a sausage!

yeah i'm in that area too. little bit of dusting

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Snowing in Lucan village at the moment. Light but continuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Total non-weather-knowledgable person here - we are getting snowed out of it here in Dub 7 today, is this the Sunday night/Monday morning snow arrived early or what? Or is that still to happen?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Can someone recap that Sky til-Tues forecast?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Is there a possibility that the snow in Dublin tonight will be our 'event' ahead of schedule rather than tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Nice little blizzard in Mulhuddart at the moment. Theres a strong wind as well and its blowing a lot of snow off the roofs which is adding to the effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

No snow over here in Old Kilcullen at the moment, but bet will see more snow tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

Even Ann Doyle referred to the hat!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

pretty sure this is just bonus snow

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Total non-weather-knowledgable person here - we are getting snowed out of it here in Dub 7 today, is this the Sunday night/Monday morning snow arrived early or what? Or is that still to happen?

This is a bonus, not part of the main event, so I'm led to believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Mr Cunningham just quoted Met Eireann as saying that it may be next Saturday before a thaw starts to set in. That's when they see the best hope for a thaw, but might take a couple of days for it to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Just watching the news, Paul Cunningham is on and Eileen introduced him as being 'hatless' :D

And Dempsey's flight back into the country was cancelled, cos of the weather :rolleyes:

We've had another couple of cms here in D13 this evening, although it seems to have stopped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Am i doing one of the best tonight?

About 5cms here now, RTE news seems very old.

5-10cm at worst, Gerald Fleming was saying for the entire event?

oldmillgal wrote: »
    Even Ann Doyle referred to the hat!

:o I totally missed that...what did she say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

stebishop wrote: »
    This is a bonus, not part of the main event, so I'm led to believe

Yeah, this is just the warm up, showers forming in the Irish sea and coming inland, as forecast.........sort of :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5-10cm at worst, Gerald Fleming was saying for the entire event?

I think that's with reference to tomorow's snow. Do not think they expected this level of snow this evening.

May get an updated reference to this current stuff during the forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Snowing moderately again here in Lucan. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

In Meath, is there a chance of substantial snow between now and the morning?
    Have to get to work tomorrow and meath county council said on the rte website roads would be gritted tonight on designated routes but The council does not envisage a gritting run tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

redalicat wrote: »
    No snow over here in Old Kilcullen at the moment, but bet will see more snow tomorrow. :)

??? Just been snowing, got home (kilcullen) after 8 and met with a heavy snowfall, fading and growing. Stopped now though, but looking forward to more. The hill at centra should be interesting in the morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Can someone recap that Sky til-Tues forecast?

Snowmageddon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Have to get to work tomorrow and meath county council said on the rte website roads would be gritted tonight on designated routes but The council does not envisage a gritting run tomorrow morning.

i hope so. don't be affraid to ring work and have a snow day. and if you get stuck i'll come rescue you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: -5.0 °C
    Dew Point: -5.3 °C

Just had a look outside and it's not snowing, but the clouds are rolling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Timistry

More downgrades for my area. 2cm of snow in 24 hours... it might as well just rain

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

bonus snow :pI'm sooo jealous...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

If this keeps falling at this severity (even if it chooses to lighten up every now and again) we'll be hoping the main event gets delayed as it will only slow down the current accumulation rate!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i hope so. don't be affraid to ring work and have a snow day. and if you get stuck i'll come rescue you!
    Thanks for the offer but took a snow day before christmas... so im guessing another wouldn't be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

ragg wrote: »
    Absolute snow fest - imagine 28 years ago - they didn't have the internet to talk about it on, what did they do?

They just went out and played in it.:) This internet thingy is a waste of time and energy.:D:) You're missing all the joy of the snow itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭snowfan

Folks,

Have just seen the updated UK Met Radar at 9.30pm

It would appear that there are a lot more snow showers lining up in the Irish Sea with Dublin right in the firing line

Could be an interesting few hours in the Fair City! :D

SnowFan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dont think we'll see much more than a dustings worth, hope im wrong tho, plenty of snow to our south and north, were just really unlucky to have the isle of man blocking our snow showers. we need the wind to swing more south-east to get rid of this annoying problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement