Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

temp steadily dropping here... +1.1/-2.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Not a regular poster, by any stretch of the imagination but have been keeping an eye on this post, in the hope of getting loads of snow!!! In Greystones and there's befn nothing much here since this morning, boo. Hoping some comes tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Gonzo wrote: »
    I dont think we'll see much more than a dustings worth, hope im wrong tho, plenty of snow to our south and north, were just really unlucky to have the isle of man blocking our snow showers. we need the wind to swing more south-east to get rid of this annoying problem.
    or just move the isle of man:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

A truly appaling forecast tonight by eagleton.
    The country is on the doorstep of a snowstorm and Dublin has already got about 5cm's already
    A disgrace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

What a disgraceful forecast.

The hirlam 3-hour on met.ie is completely wrong too, are we all living in a different dimension or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Is Eagleton taking the piss?

Has he looked at the radar?

Disgrace!

True, there should have been a weather warning for tonight. Extremely unlucky here in Dalkey, just a few flurries...enjoy your snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

GavinH wrote: »
    Was the ME forcast on RTE a downgrade for the South?

I thought so too - he didn't even MENTION the south:(! Oh god please some reassure me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

What a disgraceful forecast.

+1

There is being careful and then there is ignoring what is happening right outside your window

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Looking promising for the north west also. not a non event as first thought , Eyelvn cusack on the radio said snow in donegal , over next few days and the forecast from eagle showed widespread snow up as far as the north west too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

Disgrace!

to be fair the forecast was probably prepared well in advance. this is a nowcasting event

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

wow! temp an hour ago was -4c when i checked again in an hour and 15 mins it had dropped to -8.4c just after the cloud had cleared!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭jd

Disgrace!

I think he did, and saw the streamer - he seemed a bit nervous. Those showers are bubbling up like a stream of bubbles in a can of coke, from more or less the same point, and taking the same path.. (to Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Disgrace!

The Eagle has just crash landed :mad: What a disgraceful forecast. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

No mention of Monday or Tuesday from The Eagle - surely he should have made some prediction or is it a case of 'don't mention the war' as salt and grit start to run out, roads stop being treated and the whole country grinds to a halt?

Is that front moving in from the SE going to just move away or is it more likely going to stall right on top of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Disgrace!

yeah was that just the 6 30 forecast again? also tomorrow looked a bit of a downgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

coming down heavy in rathfarnham again.:D. dog is nearly in the fire, dont think he will want to go for a walk tonight in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Showers well scattered in the east, with most places dry.

Then snow tomorrow, max 5-10cm of snow.

Well scattered my arse... Sorry but thats ridiculous - snowing here since just after 5...... Takes a 1 min break every half hour.... The path we dug out to get to shed is covered by at least 3 cm now......

Jesus MET are starting to look pathetic....

:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

The country is on the doorstep of a snowstorm and Dublin has already got about 5cm's already
    A disgrace!!

Only some parts. It must be scattered as there's only about .5cm new snow here atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

I posted what he said there a while ago to see the reaction and true weathercheck he gave a disgraceful forecast. I am not a regular poster but have come to love this forum over the past few weeks and I have to say I now only go by what you guys say rather than the tv weather forecast. Ye havent put me wrong so far..... Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

In fairness it is scattered in my area (South east Dublin).. Only on for a few minutes then off for quite some time.

Luck of the draw. You're high up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

hon79 wrote: »
    Not a regular poster, by any stretch of the imagination but have been keeping an eye on this post, in the hope of getting loads of snow!!! In Greystones and there's befn nothing much here since this morning, boo. Hoping some comes tonight!

Welcome to Bray - Non stop since after 5

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lads lets be fair to the met, they are under serious pressure, he said showers on the East Coast and thats what you are getting some areas more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Nare a flake here in Mullingar....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Why don't they call it the Dublin forecast? There was no concentration on the southern counties (of which there are quite a few met!) and general waffle about what we knew at 6pm.

Im getting frustrated now at the lack of proper information for counties outside Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

matchthis wrote: »
    ??? Just been snowing, got home (kilcullen) after 8 and met with a heavy snowfall, fading and growing. Stopped now though, but looking forward to more. The hill at centra should be interesting in the morning :D

Just started over here now, pretty heavy. And, yeah, that hill scares me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Scattered showers :eek:. It's being snowing non stop here for the last 2 hours. Must be at least 5cm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Trotter wrote: »
    Why don't they call it the Dublin forecast? There was no concentration on the southern counties (of which there are quite a few met!) and general waffle about what we knew at 6pm.

Im getting frustrated now at the lack of proper information for counties outside Dublin.

++1!!:mad:......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

A disgrace!!

hehe i love your optimism! what charts do you rely on i'd like to know? to be honest i'm getting worried this will be a mainly east event again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

which way is that blob going is in coming inland or out to sea??
    Love it.

3 Hour Forecast Maps
    hr.gif

3hr-rain.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Do-more wrote: »
    Nare a flake here in Mullingar....

Snowing in Kinnegad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement