Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭dasdog

scotchy wrote: »
    Okay, we’re off again in Blackrock.

Blizzard just started.

its moved D14 direction also. Just discovered Jameson and snow...works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well some news for south coasters, the radar is now pepping up to our east and south
    We should join in the fun around the 1-2am mark!

I'd say the radio forecast tonight at 11:55 will be the one

Cheers for the update Snowstor - i will make sure i tune into radio forecast!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Pistolpetes if it gets really bad up here and you need your elderly relitives in Glenasmole looked in on or anything brought up to them give me a shout. I'M less than a mile away and have access to a 4x4 and a quad, so access is not a problem.

I've no involvement but this weather really does seem to bring out community spirit. You're to be commended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

flanzer wrote: »
    Granted!

I'm a bottle and a half of wine down so the quality of the photos may not be the best!

attachment.php?attachmentid=101780&d=1263077308
    attachment.php?attachmentid=101781&d=1263077320
    attachment.php?attachmentid=101782&d=1263077330

You're taking pictures of my car too! :p

436F40BF70654A5382D906053372A6AE-800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Seriously....the size golfballs. If its all goe tomorrow im still a happy man:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

You may well have a sore head in the morning from the Snow Beer /Snow Wine ,but it will be a hell of a lot worse when I give your noggin a floggin with a beauty of a snowball my good man :D:p:D:p

The presumption of my goodmanliness amuses me !!!

/too much snow wine :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

TommyT wrote: »
    One one of the threads earlier in the week there was a link to a website with data from all the weather stations around the country on it, does anyone know what the website was? I forgot to add it to my favourites.

Some great info on these threads. Well done to all concerned.

There ya go

http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Pistolpetes if it gets really bad up here and you need your elderly relitives in Glenasmole looked in on or anything brought up to them give me a shout. I'M less than a mile away and have access to a 4x4 and a quad, so access is not a problem.

Cheers , there all well stocked up and have some yougins up there with them and most of the family up there are farmers /builders.

Its the visitors who got stuck :)

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »
    Okay, we’re off again in Blackrock.

Blizzard just started.

Feck. Over as quick as it started.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Dare I say it... Blizzard in Lucan

Same here - wind getting stronger too:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Sorry to seem to be repeating other posts, but I'm very confused.

The snow that is now bucketing down in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow etc., Is this what was expected to fall tomorrow, and has arrived early( and further north) than we thought?

Or is this a different lot of snow altogether?

Also, what time will tomorrows snow begin to hit the east coast - roughly, within a few hours? Some posts seem to think that it will not hit early?

Finally ( sorry to be dragging on a bit!!!) Is the snow tomorrow going to hit up near dublin and meath, or down wicklow and wexford? Or all over???:D

Thanks!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow shield holding steady in meath, looks like thats the way it will stay untill the snow hopefully arrives 2moro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Alicat wrote: »
    You're taking pictures of my car too! :p

436F40BF70654A5382D906053372A6AE-800.jpg

& mine; Jaysus ye's are all sneaking into the fada to rob our snow .................................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

TommyT wrote: »
    One one of the threads earlier in the week there was a link to a website with data from all the weather stations around the country on it, does anyone know what the website was? I forgot to add it to my favourites.

Some great info on these threads. Well done to all concerned.

irelandsweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

+1 (x10^5)

One other thing, is or was there snow falling over the Eagle's neck of the woods on the northside of Drogheda?? Any commentary on this would be very welcome:D

It seems like mid Louth and on into Meath are getting nice amounts this evening.

I live near him there has been no snow since a very light fall around 5 o'clock. I hope the current snow is heading south so I can get to the airport and back in the morning, after that for my kids sake hope there is loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Latest fax for Sunday night has the front draped over the South
    This ties in with beeb and all the models that the South will see a lot of snow
    Eagle didn't even mention the south:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

+1 (x10^5)

To make matters even more interesting, the 3 hour model that Met Eireann use that was upgraded a year or so ago is consistently not putting the heaviest precipitation in the Dublin area. I feel that they should be using their extensive experience at this stage to make short term forecasts, and an ENE stream with -10 850mb temperatures is going to deliver even with pressure near 1030 mb like I commented yesterday. I'm suprised at the sheer extent by 10pm but it was obvious that the risk for Dublin would be greater than Louth, contrary to the 3 hr forecast. Pressure is lower in Dublin/East Meath and the cold pool is a bit more extensive further south with less IoM influence.

One other thing, is or was there snow falling over the Eagle's neck of the woods on the northside of Drogheda?? Any commentary on th:Dis would be very welcome

It seems like mid Louth and on into Meath are getting nice amounts this evening.

North side of Drogheda here, a lot came down on wed's and its still heavy on ground, more snow than most recent Dublin pictures I see posted here, just to give you an idea. It was quite snow wise after wed until today, I've noticed 3 separate snow showers througout day, nothing major but enough to cover roads again.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Sandymount 10:50. Chucking down the big lumps!
    Footpaths nearly gone

10.50.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Big Flakes once more in the city !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sorry to seem to be repeating other posts, but I'm very confused.

The snow that is now bucketing down in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow etc., Is this what was expected to fall tomorrow, and has arrived early( and further north) than we thought?

Or is this a different lot of snow altogether?

Also, what time will tomorrows snow begin to hit the east coast - roughly, within a few hours? Some posts seem to think that it will not hit early?

Finally ( sorry to be dragging on a bit!!!) Is the snow tomorrow going to hit up near dublin and meath, or down wicklow and wexford? Or all over???:D

Thanks!!!:D

No, this is streamers and showers off the Irish sea generated by the ENE wind direction and cold temps. The main bulk of action is forecast to come in overnight and tomorrow into Monday from my reading of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Forgot to mention, there's about 6cm of nice snow in total lying on the ground in Dublin 2 :D

Yet another heavy burst of snow has started off here. Most of the snow has been from today, some of Wednesday's graupel was lying on the ground too. Maybe 2 cm from that on unwalked grass.

And for any good citizens of Louth reading this, post in what snow you guys are getting!

Over and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

We are getting lashed out of it here in Santry folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Snow showers here but they seem light and not anything major but then again I already have 6 inches on the ground!

Latest fax for Sunday night has the front draped over the South
    This ties in with beeb and all the models that the South will see a lot of snow
    Eagle didn't even mention the south:rolleyes:

Just looked at the beeb forecast on the website and it looks really good for Cork - well the graphics show a lot of white anyway!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

jenzz wrote: »
    & mine; Jaysus ye's are all sneaking into the fada to rob our snow .................................:D

I doubt we could even make it down there to do that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Still nothing in Navan....

cranks wrote: »
    Sandymount 10:50. Chucking down the big lumps!
    Footpaths nearly gone

10.50.jpg

Brilliant:)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

.101784.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

DominoDub wrote: »
    Big Flakes once more in the city !

The city is about to get hammered again, especially southern half this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

Gonzo wrote: »
    snow shield holding steady in meath, looks like thats the way it will stay untill the snow hopefully arrives 2moro.

im suprised you didnt get any given what clonsilla has got over the last couple of days. I thought yourself and dunboyne clonee would have got it as bad as clonsilla has over the last week or so but localised seems to be the buzz word !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement