Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

101784.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tommurphy73

Anyone know what the road between Gort and Loughrea is like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Would you guys recommend me traveling up to Dublin tomorrow? I have got something to attend to, but if the buses are not running in the city then there is no point in me going up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

danjo-xx wrote: »
    not a sausage here in Waterford inner city, *grinds teeth* Dubs get everything :D

Home of politicians, they (we) are now paying for their sins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Clear skies in The Folly - where are you?

Kilcohan.

It Was A Very Small Flurrie, But Now All The Boardsies Know, God.
    They Didnt Need To Hear How Pathetic We Are..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

danjo-xx wrote: »
    not a sausage here in Waterford inner city, *grinds teeth* Dubs get everything :D

Apart from manners lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Brilliant forecast from Rob on the beeb
    Heavy persistent snow for nearly all of Ireland

Met Eireann are a disgrace if we get heavy disruptive snow 2mor

damn i missed it! 'if we get...' - you are getting less optimistic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Well some news for south coasters, the radar is now pepping up to our east and south
    We should join in the fun around the 1-2am mark!

I'd say the radio forecast tonight at 11:55 will be the one
    The South will rise again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Would you guys recommend me traveling up to Dublin tomorrow? I have got something to attend to, but if the buses are not running in the city then there is no point in me going up.

forget about it.....! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I never thought I'd ever see this in the centre of dublin. Very heavy snow and amounts in the last 3 hours alone have passed 5 cm now. Over 3 inches on the ground in Dublin 2. Will try to take photos when ppn rate dies down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Put it this way, there's serious snowfall occurring now and the council had already decided to conserve grit supplies over the weekend so they'd have enough for sunday night into monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

damn i missed it! 'if we get...' - you are getting less optimistic!!!

You know what you're right he is!! I'm not liking this side to you snowstor - actually Eagle is that you?!:D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Carpenter wrote: »
    North Sandyford where is that

up near lambs cross, i.e not the industrial estate area.

irishdub14 wrote: »
    forget about it.....! :P

class snow out in cabinteely and the driving conditions are as perfect as I can hope for right now, and i'm in a gti. Seriously, that powder gives great grip...

Went from Marley to Cabinteely using N11 and going over the mountain way via sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Im in Stillorgan, got home at 7pm and has been snowing on and off ever since, lots of deep snow around here :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Snowing here in Dundalk

IMG_0733_1.jpg

yay 2000!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Been snowing hard here for about 3 hours.. getting another good covering.. thats .. forget how many cm now. 30 or something. I'm wondering how long its going to be till there might be a let up... just bought super mario bros for my son so now its actually costing me..

Could this weather continue to feb ? I'm sure its possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Mech1 wrote: »

Epic FAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

whoo

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

pp_me129 wrote: »
    Kilcohan.

It Was A Very Small Flurrie, But Now All The Boardsies Know, God.
    They Didnt Need To Hear How Pathetic We Are..

Lol.......sure you're only around the corner.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

If your coming from Tipp, ensure you've got a mates place on standby to stay at (in Dublin c/c)...I'm heading in for the second part of my TEFL course in the city centre...and if conditions get pretty bad (in the Wicklow area, i.e.Greystones),...I'll be kipping in a mates place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

about 3 cms in Donnybrook (Dublin - they are in shorts in Donnybrook Cork :D) in last hour

Congrats Denisejcc!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Snowaddict wrote: »
    This is turning into a significant snowfall event in Eastern areas, especially Dublin now & accordingly a new warning update should be issued immediately by Met Eireann.

Folks on the ground there, what are your total fresh accumulations from this evening so far?

SA :)

4cm since 18:00. Tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Okay i saw the RTE weather as i was going out the door just got back and I'm still in shock:eek:

Are these people running around in Met Eireann like headless chickens or headless eagles absolute disgrace.

No confidence, No conviction, No insight or are the just blind.
    The rader along the East coast is alive did he not see that, correct me if I'm wrong he did say scattered showers. Scattered showers to me is 4 or 5

The impression i got from him for tomorrow is mush the same as today
    No word of Monday or Tuesday
    Now i left over a hour ago and i would say to myself nothing to fear from that weather if i was a ordinary Joe so thinking none the wiser that not to bad.

I feel Met Eireann are trying not to spread FEAR.
    Because we are looking at a event that only happens every 30 to 40 years.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Dublin 24 five minutes ago, bucketing down.

flashpic.jpg
    nonflash.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

copacetic wrote: »
    up near lambs cross, i.e not the industrial estate area.
    If your in the lams order me a beer (Hino) lol nice area

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement