Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards night in [OLD]

• 09-01-2010 5:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Edit: 6.30, Today, Friday 15th Jan!!!

Just wondering how people would feel about this. As some of you may know, Gaming communities often have community nights were members would pick a game, and all members who had the game would jump on and play together. To bond drink die and such as would seem fit as twould be the time and day and such shnizzle.

Would people be interested in setting up a boards night in, a night where Boardsie's would pick a game in advance, then play together for 2 - 10 hours, enjoying ourselves eating drinking and being merry?

Current game suggestions:

Left 4 dead 2
    Modern Warfare 2
    Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
    Halo 3
    Halo 3: ODST
    Forza Motorsport 3
    Gears of war 2
    1v100
    Fifa 2010
    Peggle
    Battlefield: Bad company
    Battlefield: 1943
    GTA IV
    NHL 3 v 3

Friday 22th January Game list 55 votes

Halo 3: ODST Firefight
    0% 0 votes
    Left for Dead 2 versus and scavenge
    12% 7 votes
    Peggle Peg Party
    21% 12 votes
    1 vs 100 Live Event
    10% 6 votes
    Skate 2 XBL Play
    54% 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep, I'd be in favour of this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

yea, id up be up for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,023 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yeah i could go for some, i would suggest we list the games we have or play the most and we can find the general consensus for games like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

COD 4, MW2, L4D2,

any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

good idea ill keep an eye on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Just added a list of game suggestions, was also thinking about some arcade games. Pass the word on guys, the more people we get the better it'll be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Sounds good! Count me in (depending on the night)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Slugs wrote: »

Left 4 dead 2 Yep
    Modern Warfare 2 Yep
    Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Yep, zombie level would be good craic
    Halo 3 Yep
    Halo 3: ODST Nope
    Forza Motorsport 3 Nope
    Gears of war 2 Yep

Just edited your post there with the games i have :)

As regards the night, would have to be either friday or saturday night. If anyone hasn't already done it, please sign your name on the boards gamertag list. It should be stickied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

id be up for this,
    someone should create a new boards gamertag especially for the boards night in idea, since not everyone on boards is on the same "boardsgamer" list, (Limit of 100 friends on XBL). And update the new gamertag depending on wholl be playing or who hasnt played for a while in the boards nights in.

I'll do that no problem :). But I'd need a few more people before I'd invest my time in it..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm in.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im in when my xbox is ok. also may i add there seems to be enough shooters there already!

Was thinking the same thing Corcaigh, any ideas to other games to throw on

(Off-topic: how're you man?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Could I suggest one more shooter in Battlefield 1943? :D seeing as someone mentioned arcade games ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Wouldnt mind going on a Sniping Rampage in Battlefield Bad Company ;) or 1943 for that matter.
    Anywhos, I've 51 games, so most likely I'll play anything :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'd be up for this.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It will have to be a few very popular games or else people will be excluded as a result...

Maybe start with a 1-to-100 night? or take a multiple-vote poll to see what people have.

DeV.

Way ahead of you DeVore, but I'm just waiting for a few more game suggestions before doing anything else. I think we need less shooters. I'm going to throw in Fifa as I know some boardsies play it a lot. and I'll throw in Peggle too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

What about going back to GTA 4? I remember having alot of fun with those GTA races, complete chaos.

Skate 2?

Sure Illl throw that in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Skate 2 would be fun to play. Haven't played that in a long time. Maybe we would make this a regular thing? Like every Friday night or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Yeah I second the Fifa 10 nomination

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

NHL 3 v 3 is great craic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Slugs, want me to create the gamertag?
    I already manage the BoardsGamers tags, so its no trouble.

Nah it's fine Mr E I'll make it. Since I'll try and run it, it'd make more sense if I've the stuff for it :)

As regards this being a regular thing, ya sure, just it all depends on the amount of participants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'd be up for some L4D2, GoW2, MW2 and FIFA 2010.

Gamertag is P1992 if you don't have me added already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'd be up for some FIFA 10, MW2, Forza 3.... and Left 4 Dead 2 as soon as I get it, and my broadband gets sorted out

RichieMUFC

• Advertisement

Update: 48 hours is up so I'm asking a mod to edit OP for rules and such. Currently creating XBL Acc for this so expect your FR within the next 24 hours. Because I've an open NAT and a decent connection, I'll try and host as many party chats and games as possible, but I don't have all the games, and I can't confirm my activity every friday night, so anyone who'd like to become a hoster, please feel free to volunteer. Events will be held every Friday night starting at 8 pm. Polls for the games will open on Sunday and will remain open til Wednesday. I'll try and keep the game selection varied to include all gametypes, and to ensure we're not spending our events play COD and Halo all the time :P. The continuity of this event is dependant on user particiation. i.e. If we don't get numbers, I won't be continuing this, so encourage as many people to get involved as possible. They don't all have to be Irish, so encourage your friends to join boards and get in on the action. If any has any questions, post here or pm me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement