Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going home tomorrow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

fontinalis wrote: »
    Don't think they see it that way.

There are always a few dozen idiots for any given situation anywhere that give everyone else a bad name.

I certainly don't believe all Aussies are violently racist just because of a handful of thugs beating up Indians! Likewise, there's a vast majority of irish out here trying very hard to do things by the book. This crackdown on investigating 2nd WHVs is just them showing us that they have the power to let us stay or not, and that there are consequences for fraud. And they are absolutely right.

anyway, getting back on topic, OP best of luck with the journey and with finding work and all that. Personally, I love Ireland, with all it's faults. And I love Australia for (some) of the weather (~40 deg for 4 days is a bit much!) and the opportunities, but I do believe it is grossly over-hyped by a lot of people. It's great, but it's not that great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

but I do believe it is grossly over-hyped by a lot of people. It's great, but it's not that great!

Amen. It's like some sort of mania among those Irish who promote Australia as the best place in the world. Almost as though they're trying too hard to convince themselves that they love it. It's good country but certainly not the best. Canada, Germany or Switzerland takes that honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Confab wrote: »
    Amen. It's like some sort of mania among those Irish who promote Australia as the best place in the world. Almost as though they're trying too hard to convince themselves that they love it. It's good country but certainly not the best.
    What? Sure its Sunny and there are nightclubs, its the greatest place EVAR!!!11!

Advertisement