Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding jobs in Coogee

Options
  • 09-01-2010 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi there I am moving out to a hostel in Coogee tomorrow to live for a couple of months and I wanna try get some work out there to.
    Does anybody have any helpful hints on getting jobs in Coogee? I'd like to try get some bar work if I could as I have been doing mostly office jobs with recruit agencies and I just fancy doing something diffferent now.
    Also can anyone tell me what the nightlife in Coogee is like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You may need the RSA (responsible service of alcohol) certificate to do bar work out in Coogee...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

kookie wrote: »
    Hi there I am moving out to a hostel in Coogee tomorrow to live for a couple of months and I wanna try get some work out there to.
    Does anybody have any helpful hints on getting jobs in Coogee? I'd like to try get some bar work if I could as I have been doing mostly office jobs with recruit agencies and I just fancy doing something diffferent now.
    Also can anyone tell me what the nightlife in Coogee is like?

Not sure where you are moving from but most likely you will need to use Coogee as a base and look for work in the area up toand including the city. There is a huge number of whv'ers there so jobs would be at a premium. You will probably need to just drop in an hand in your cv.
    Bars - Coogee bay hotel, Beach palace, the ocean bar, rugby club, legion club, diggers,
    within the area - clovelly hotel, clovelly rsl, coach and horses (randwick), labor club, the royal, the dog (duke of gloucester) and then a big number heading in towards bondi junction/bondi. Others maybe able to add tothe list.
    The nightlife is pretty ok. Mainly centres around coogee bay and beach palace. Loads of byo's etc for food. Cinema as well. If you are staying in a hostel you will find everything out very fast. plenty of promos on and you will be able to eat cheaply (check out the various nightly specials in the palace and coogee bay -$5 steaks /$10 pizza etc and loads of asian/thai/middle eastern/chicken places around).

Which hostel you in? I saw two closed (maybe just for a few weeks) this wek as I went by

Advertisement