Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bring the death penalty back for dissidents!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Jaap wrote: »
    I would prefer criminals to behave better in the outside world than better in jail! I want them to suffer in jails
    So you're a sadist?
    ...feel sorry for the the criminal act that has led them to be banged up in the first place!
    Alot of criminals won't ever feel remorse.
    Getting back to the topic of the thread...those who are prepared to take life should be willing to have their life taken if caught!
    So you believe in the principle of an eye for an eye? You agree with killing people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭callig

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we're talking about a tiny minority here who have taken it upon themselves to wage war on the peace processs and are intent on killing innocent people. They DO NOT represent republicanism in any way shape or form.
    I believe we are at a stage now where the only way to deal with these degenerates is to eradicate them so that the right-thinking men and women of this island can carry on living in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

callig wrote: »
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that we're talking about a tiny minority here who have taken it upon themselves to wage war on the peace processs and are intent on killing innocent people. They DO NOT represent republicanism in any way shape or form.

Well thats your opinon. They consider accepting and taking part in British rule not being representative of republicanism in any way shape or form.
    I believe we are at a stage now where the only way to deal with these degenerates is to eradicate them so that the right-thinking men and women of this island can carry on living in peace.

So you're thinking SAS squads? If your belief was in any way grounded in reality it would have been done long ago. The British government know well that kind of action would radicalize their communites and bring them international support.

Well thats your opinon. They consider accepting and taking part in British rule not being representative of republicanism in any way shape or form.

Why are you speaking on behalf of dissidents? Are you a terrorist sympatiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Steady on, im pretty sure he is just guessing what some people might think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

If they went "missing", who would miss them ?

This is the politics forum, not after hours crossed with the daily mail. Intellectual discussion and reasoning expected. Why didn't you bother respnding to the rest of that post?

Family, friends, aquaintences. Most of these wouldn't know the members were part of the paramilitaries, probably wouldn't believe the security forces. And NI's a small place.

They don't have the support of the community, they will not be missed. EOS

What some people here can't seem to grasp is that being able to live in peace is of far greater importance to the community than the violent agenda of dissidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Jaap

DoireNod wrote: »
    So you believe in the principle of an eye for an eye? You agree with killing people?

So you call the dissidents who tried to kill the poor police officer on Friday "people"? I would call them sick animals who are in need of putting down!
    Dissidents have no issues with killing innocent people...why should society have issues killing murderers like them?
    Once again the innocent are made to feel bad for thinking of awful things that could be done to murderers!:)

Jaap wrote: »
    So you call the dissidents who tried to kill the poor police officer on Friday "people"? I would call them sick animals who are in need of putting down!
    I would call them people. Let's not forget that people are capable of committing terrible deeds and are much more destructive than animals.
    Dissidents have no issues with killing innocent people...why should society have issues killing murderers like them?
    It would make society hypocritical: Condemning the killing of people while toting a gun and pointing it at those who disagree. Do you see the point?
    Once again the innocent are made to feel bad for thinking of awful things that could be done to murderers!:)
    If you feel bad, that's your problem I'm afraid. I'm simply asking questions of your desire to effectively murder would-be murderers.

To suggest that the death penalty should only be applied to dissident groups is absurd.

• Advertisement

Dissidents are of no value to society, they don't respond to dialogue, they have no respect for our desire for peace, mindless violence is all they have to offer. The death penalty is the only suitable reply for them.
    Prayers were said at Sunday masses for the seriously ill PSNI officer.

His parish priest, Fr Con Boyle said the policeman was an accepted local figure.

He said: "Peadar is a very friendly, open person and would be well enough known in the Randalstown area.

"His enthusiasm for Gaelic games has been commented on already by the media. He is a practicing Catholic and would have been in our church for mass regularly. In fact he and his wife both attended mass here at St MacNissi's Church last Tuesday evening, the Vigil of the Feast of the Epiphany."

Fr Boyle said the local community was "distressed" at the attack.
    "The community here is very much shocked. People struggle to take in that this has happened. We had hoped that we had moved well beyond such an atrocity.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/Doctors-battle-to-save-officers.5970988.jp

Dissidents are of no value to society, they don't respond to dialogue, they have no respect for our desire for peace, mindless violence is all they have to offer. The death penalty is the only suitable reply for them.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/Doctors-battle-to-save-officers.5970988.jp

Right, just repeating yourself. Northern Ireland isn't just chirpy voices, the giants causeway and the ballymena shopping centre.

There's still a divided population and thats not going to change any time soon.

What you're suggesting just doesn't work in democratic countries. There'd be protests, belief in false convictions and martyrdom.
    They don't have the support of the community, they will not be missed. EOS

They must have some support in the community. They wouldn't have gotten a 400lb bomb to belfast police headquarters otherwise or been able to carry out other attacks. I get the impression there's a lot more support than the media/politicians are letting on.
    What some people here can't seem to grasp is that being able to live in peace is of far greater importance to the community than the violent agenda of dissidents.

Then why would you attempt to radicalize the nationalist community by executing people. You're not thinking this through at all.

There are plenty of dissidents (basically those who oppose the route Sinn Féin have taken) who don't engage in violence and such like, so mindless violence isn't all they have to offer and as much as I may oppose the attacks on cops and their families, the death penalty clearly isn't the only suitable reply and certainly, as has been pointed out before in this thread, it could possibly have an adverse effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Jaap

DoireNod wrote: »
    I would call them people. Let's not forget that people are capable of committing terrible deeds and are much more destructive than animals.
    It would make society hypocritical: Condemning the killing of people while toting a gun and pointing it at those who disagree. Do you see the point?
    If you feel bad, that's your problem I'm afraid. I'm simply asking questions of your desire to effectively murder would-be murderers.

To suggest that the death penalty should only be applied to dissident groups is absurd.

You can call dissidents people all you like..."people" if you want to...many would diagree with you!

Society would not be pointing the gun at those who disagree...it would be pointing it at people who easily take the life of innocent humans and celebrate murder...the muder of innocent people out to do a decent day's work...innocent people who do not cover their faces with masks and disappear in to the darkness to hide!

I don't personally feel that bad...more sad/baffled in the fact that some people like your good self seem to more concerned about the rights of the perpetrator of the crime than the victim...or the good to society to have these evil animals removed! :confused:

There's still a divided population and thats not going to change any time soon.

Who do you think is more likely to help bridge the divide?

People like Peadar Heffron or terrorists?

Peadar. What exactly are you getting at?

Advertisement