Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N11 - Is it ok to travel on - need supplies

• 09-01-2010 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi Folks

im living in newtownmountkennedy, snowing outside again at the moment. i need to go get some supplies for the weekend, baby food etc, stuff that only a big supermarket would have. i know Dunnes is in newtown but they never have what i need, thought i could get everything i needed yesterday but their stocks seem to be low on certain things. so will need to go further afield. does anyone know if N11 has been grited? Roads around Greystones seem to be very dodgy as does the N11 to rathnew, wicklow. i was thinking of heading into Cornelscourt to get what i need but just wondering does anyone know if the road has been treated. or if they can confirm that i shoudl avoid greystones, wicklow town etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kk994

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

Says here Bray bypass has been treated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I was only on the N11 from town out to UCD and it is snowing quite heavily so visibility is poor to begin with - the road doesn't seem very treated - no tracks visible. Just go really really slowly, take your time and clear your windscreen of all ice so that you can use your wipers effectively with the snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

From what I heard there was a lot of panic buying of bread and milk ect in tesco in Bray yesterday evening. No potatoes or bread left. The novelty of snow is wearing pretty thin at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was ok this afternoon

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭AMIIAM

I heard Bray UDC have organised a group of inmates from Shelton Abbey to clear the snow and ice from all the footpaths within Bray town centre. Not before time IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement