Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon powershot G11 or Canon powershot SX1 IS

• 09-01-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭

I'm torn as to which camera to buy. I had the S5 but have heard great things about the G11. All opinions appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have the G9 as a "pocket camera" & it is great. It is a camera I can keep with me most of the time & get those unexpected shots. I have had a look at the G11 & think it is an improvement on the G9 (the G10 wasn't IMHO) It has a lot of capability.

I am not familiar SX1 IS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Thanks thats kinda what I wanted to know. I want a decent small camera. I made the mistake of buying an ixus compact a while back but it's just not enough for what I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

OP have a look at the Canon s90. It's much smaller than the G11 but has the exact same size sensor and a wider aperture of f2.0.

Cheaper too than the g11

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SeaniO

Thanks thats kinda what I wanted to know. I want a decent small camera. I made the mistake of buying an ixus compact a while back but it's just not enough for what I want.
    Hi. I'm selling My Canon SX1is for €350 if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

I was in a similar position a few months ago, deciding between the S90 and G11. After holding both in the hand, I went with the G11. The G11 fits in the hand a lot better and this gives it a bit more stability. For me its still small enough to bring anywhere. Im not sure about the S90 but there is a bit of barrel distorsion with the G11 when used wide open. This is the only negative thing ive found. The benefit of the dedicated dials on the top makes it a top choice as a smallish pocket camera. You get nice usable shot on higher ISOs also.
    Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement