Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessible Places to go Sleighing

Options
  • 09-01-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Where is accessible by car for a spot of sleighing? I.e. me on an shopping bag! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

fitz213 wrote: »
    Where is accessible by car for a spot of sleighing? I.e. me on an shopping bag! Any suggestions?

killiney hill
    cabinteely park

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Killieny Golf Course

(you may need the secret nudge nudge wink wink access path to get to in....)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Quiet you!

The drive up to that could probably be used actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

The hill in Kingston estate in Ballinteer is a great one for snow related fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Killieny Golf Course

Ah memories, that was a great place in a coal sack!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

There must have been 100 people sledding and skiing in a field just off the Greystones exit on the N11.........if you fancy heading a lil further south:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I haven't been up in Killiney Hill sledging since the early 80ies. In those days you were liable to get a belt from someone sliding down on a car bonnet or sheet of corrugated iron. :eek:

Hopefully there isn't the same breed of irresponsibility today. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 2can

Knockrabo, across the road from Mount anville secondary school has a very large man made hill. It was once a ski slope built by the Irish Ski 'people' in the 60's. Its now just a big grass hill. When I was younger we used to mess around that hill everyday, in all type of weather. Great craic. The house on the land is now privately owned and fencing has gone up but where there is a will theres a way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I haven't been up in Killiney Hill sledging since the early 80ies. In those days you were liable to get a belt from someone sliding down on a car bonnet or sheet of corrugated iron. :eek:

Hopefully there isn't the same breed of irresponsibility today. ;)

Drove past on Friday and there were five ambulances and two patrol cars, so I guess there is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

There must have been at least 1,000 people up there at one stage yesterday it was crazy!! people were using everything from bin lids canteen trays plastic bags election posters, you name it!! Brilliant craic heading up again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

For future reference the hill down to the bandstand in Bushy Park in Templeogue/Rathfarnham was where we spent last Saturday and Sunday. Brilliant craic for all the family. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Too late for this year, but the hill in Milltown beside the Nine-Arches was class for sleighing down. There were some icy patches which made it especially slippery which added to the fun.

Advertisement