Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham v Man Utd (Mod warning #112)

• 09-01-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭

MOD WARNING

birmingham_576460a.jpg V manchesterunited.jpg
    Stephen Carr will return after suspension for the visit with Manchester United. Carr missed the goalless away draw with Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup while serving a one-game ban for incurring five bookings.

Alex McLeish will have to reorganise his bench as fringe players Lee Carsley, Stuart Parnaby and Gregory Vignal are all ruled out through injury - but number two goalkeeper Maik Taylor has recovered from a back problem after having an injection as City look to extend their unbeaten league run to 12 games.

Nemanja Vidic will miss the trip to Birmingham after tweaking a nerve in his leg immediately before Manchester United's shock FA Cup defeat to Leeds last Sunday. Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Vidic would be out for around ten days and would miss next Saturday's encounter with Burnley. "He felt a bit of a problem with the right side of his leg and didn't feel confident about playing the game," he said. "I understand that because it was quite painful. He should be back in about ten days' time."

Jonny Evans is expected to partner Wes Brown in central defence at St Andrew's. Paul Scholes (hip) is fit, while new arrival Mame Biram Diouf has gained clearance to play and, having been allocated Carlos Tevez's old shirt number (32), could be involved.

Birmingham (from): Hart, Maik Taylor, Doyle, Carr, R Johnson, Dann, Queudrue, Martin Taylor, Ridgewell, Larsson, Ferguson, Bowyer, McFadden, Fahey, D Johnson, McSheffrey, Jerome, Benitez, Phillips.

Manchester United (from): Kuszczak, Foster, Neville, Rafael, De Laet, Brown, Evra, Fabio, Valencia, Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Anderson, Gibson, Giggs, Obertan, Rooney, Berbatov, Owen, Welbeck, Diouf, Tosic.

live on ESPN and K.O 17.30

this is going to a pretty hard game for utd, birmingham are the team in form atm
    but I do expect a great performance from utd after the shambles that was the leeds game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

you reckon Brown will defo play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

podge018 wrote: »
    you reckon Brown will defo play?

yap he has to play, we have no one else to partner Evans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Has that Sporting Gijon player not signed for brum yet?

Tough game for united.

Birmingham defense has been solid this season. Their attack is a bit lightweight though. The opposite goes for united.

Head says a draw.

Heart says 1-0 Birmingham with Benitez getting the winner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Has that Sporting Gijon player not signed for brum yet?

Yes but I doubt he'll play yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Best home defense in the league. Only 5 against.

Still though, going for 0-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

This is going to be a tough game for United, Birmingham have been good this season. But after last Sunday, i see United coming out and winning it 2-1 or 2-0. Owen i hope starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Promises to be a very interesting encounter.

Interesting that Birm could have the same line-out unchanged for the ninth league game in a row.

A lot depends on Hart - has been in great form of late and could be key to Birm's hopes.

Kinda hard to see Birm scoring so I'll go for a 1-0 battle which has Utd fans sweating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I fancy United to win it but I don't expect it to be easy. I reckon a 2-1 win with hopefully Rooney on the scoresheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

The last time we played an in form team we got taught a lesson. Glad we won't be going with 3 at the back today then.

Surprised that Diouf is in the squad already, only seen bits of him on youtube and that, looks pretty handy and has some big admirers, Ole for one which would say a lot. What are his chances of getting brought on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Can see an upset, but only if Brum had a striker who could score goals. Their defense to shackle Utd's attack, and get another 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i'd like to see a brum upset, i've banked on it too with my fantasy team selection but. . .i've just read that mcleish has gotten manager of the month. . .congrats united :(

I would like to see

pig
    ----raf---wes---evans----evra
    valenica----carrick---fletch---giggs
    Diouf----Rooney

wont be happening thou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I doubt Diouf will play HS? I would love to see him play, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Headshot wrote: »
    I would like to see

pig
    ----raf---wes---evans----evra
    valenica----carrick---fletch---giggs
    Diouf----Rooney

wont be happening thou

:eek:

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1262951732490RA24

Not my own work, but was about to make it myself, when I found this.

Him playing could stop all the bad weather. No chance he'll be unleashed this soon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Do you actually, really want Diouf to play? How many times have you seen him play? What has he done to earn a place so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Do you actually, really want Diouf to play? How many times have you seen him play? What has he done to earn a place so far?

he runs, Berbatov doesnt :)

Just kidding. To win today would be great for United...with Hull and Burnley next to come to OT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

How much did this Diouf punter cost?

Feck me just watched this Swedish film. :eek:

Holy hype machine alert.

I'm expecting to see something better than a the second coming of Jesus on the basis of that.

Trilla wrote: »
    he runs, Berbatov doesnt :)

Just kidding. To win today would be great for United...with Hull and Burnley next to come to OT.

True enough.

I see him as one of the players to expect nothing from and if he turns out in anyway decent then its a bonus. Its not he's a high profile big money buy so ease him in with CC games imo.

I've said it for a few games that we should start to kick on and get some wins on the bounce but we keep getting setbacks but the league is ****ed this season.

Osu wrote: »
    I doubt Diouf will play HS? I would love to see him play, but I doubt it.

that's why i said it wont be happening

really p_larkin99, really ?

• Advertisement

really p_larkin99, really ?

100 % yes.

Its strange if you actually want to see him start today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Diouf is supposed to be on the bench is he not? I'd like to see him anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's not that strange, it is Headshot, what would you expect, sensible posts???

100 % yes.

Its strange if you actually want to see him start today

not a wrestling fan i see :)

you know where my stance is on berba and unfortunately Michael doesn't play well with Rooney I find

and from what iv see and heard about Diouf he seems very quick and great in the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm quite excited about the game today, hope it doesnt get called off. I need some damm football.

Dave! wrote: »

lol. He's no trent thats for sure
    not a wrestling fan i see :)

you know where my stance is on berba and unfortunately Michael doesn't play well with Rooney I find

and from what iv see and heard about Diouf he seems very quick and great in the air

The wrestling thing has gone right over my head mate.

I think it's just a horrid game to give someone their debut against a defence and team who are playing really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

lol. He's no trent thats for sure

The wrestling thing has gone right over my head mate.

I think it's just a horrid game to give someone their debut against a defence and team who are playing really well.

Yeah, you're right, playing Diouf will completely knock their confidence back. Maybe Sir Alex will take pity on them.

Yeah, you're right, playing Diouf will completely knock their confidence back. Maybe Sir Alex will take pity on them.

huh?

Dave! wrote: »

thanks dave

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

yeah, wtf was that adabout, TV Licence Fee's?!?!

How bloody popular is he in sweeden?
    They have a bigger hardon for him than they do for Zlatan by that video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tough place to go, but I'd say United will win 1-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tough game for united.

Birmingham defense has been solid this season. Their attack is a bit lightweight though. The opposite goes for united.

Head says a draw.

Heart says 1-0 Birmingham with Benitez getting the winner :D

United will hockey them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Hi guys, How are you's?

Actually I don't care, just interrupting this Diouf love-fest to show my support for Birmingham.

G'wan Birmingham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Hang on, isn't Diouf with the Senegal squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

CHD wrote: »
    Hi guys, How are you's?

Actually I don't care, just interrupting this Diouf love-fest to show my support for Birmingham.

G'wan Birmingham

How are you and yes I do care ,

Think the game will be a very hard and interesting challenge for us , But think we'll just sneak a 1-0

G'wan Utd....

• Advertisement

Hang on, isn't Diouf with the Senegal squad?

nope he wasnt selected

edit

I wouldnt mind seeing diouf start but in all seriousness he doesnt have a chance, i just wouldnt mind somthing different up front thou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Hi guys, How are you's?

G'wan Birmingham

What Diouf love fest?

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    How are you and yes I do care ,

Think the game will be a very hard and interesting challenge for us , But think we'll just sneak a 1-0

G'wan Utd....
    Not the best ROCKMAN, bit of a headcold. How are you buddy?

Very tough game for you today and it will be very cold, should be interesting.
    deisedevil wrote:
    What Diouf love fest?

Headshot's one, he rarely rates a new unproven player so this lad must be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hi guys, How are you's?

Actually I don't care, just trolling as usual
    G'wan Birmingham

Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

Boggles wrote: »
    Best home defense in the league. Only 5 against.

Still though, going for 0-3.

no way its going to be 0-3 if you fancy that cant you go to your bookie and have a bet on it,its going to be 1-1 draw for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hears he's like Drogba and Anelka combined, but better.

Not the best ROCKMAN, bit of a headcold. How are you buddy?

Very tough game for you today and it will be very cold, should be interesting.

how did I rate him ?

i even said in the utd thread that his finishing is suppose to be bad, your input to the sf really is dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

Brum 0-18 United. Diouf (2,6,15,28,32,41,51,55,64,65,66,67,68,74,81,88,90,90(+2)) (Benitez penalty saved 90(+4))

This coming after a scuffle in the opening minute leading to 10 United players getting sent off.

davyjose wrote: »
    Good man
    So cause I don't want to see United win Im trolling!! Funny man.

Me ---> :pac:

So cause I don't want to see United win Im trolling!! Funny man.

Me ---> :pac:

finally he admits it

how did I rate him ?

i even said in the utd thread that his finishing is suppose to be bad, your input to the sf really is dreadful
    You reckon he should start today against the form team in the EPL. That is rating him.

finally he admits it
    So not wanting United to win is trolling? Think you will find this thread is about the match and not about United. You's don't own this thread and I can talk up Birmingham and question United all I like.

You reckon he should start today against the form team in the EPL. That is rating him.

I said
    it wont be happening

"Rating him" :D

With the weather the way it is and likely to be for a while, and with Chelsea still in the cup a win here for united would be MASSIVE (see what I did there :p)

I said

"Rating him" :D
    After you copped on and knew it is unlikely. He still might, who knows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement