Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham v Man Utd (Mod warning #112)

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

john47832 wrote: »
    Fergie is too old now for the job now and should leave with some dignity left if possible, if a younger more in touch manager was in charge utd might still have ronaldo playing, the team just hasnt improved this season and its the sole responsibility of the manager to improve the team - blaming officials is childish at this stage

Ridiculous! I'm sure you said the same thing last time United looked to be in decline. If you had your way then, would ye have won the last 3 leagues, league cup and a champions league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

jasonorr wrote: »
    Ridiculous! I'm sure you said the same thing last time United looked to be in decline. If you had your way then, would ye have won the last 3 leagues, league cup and a champions league?

theres no room for sentiment in football, its business, ive nothing personal against him, match him against the likes of Wenger or Murhinio and he just doesnt cut the mustard - thats all im saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

theres no room for sentiment in football, its business, ive nothing personal against him, match him against the likes of Wenger or Murhinio and he just doesnt cut the mustard - thats all im saying

i think i speak for every non-Utd fan when i say...

please may the owners have the same mentality as you.

sack him, please.

i beg you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sure....

St. Mirren (1974–1978)
    Scottish First Division: 1976-77

Aberdeen (1978–1986)
    Scottish Premier Division: 1979–80, 1983–84, 1984–85
    Scottish Cup: 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86
    Scottish League Cup: 1985–86
    UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1982–83
    UEFA Super Cup: 1983

Manchester United (1986–)
    Premier League: 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
    FA Cup: 1989–90, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
    League Cup: 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09
    FA Charity/Community Shield: 1990,[61] 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008
    UEFA Champions League: 1998–99, 2007–08
    UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1990–91
    UEFA Super Cup: 1991
    Intercontinental Cup: 1999
    FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭SteM

That must be why Wenger has won so much over the last few seasons so.

:rolleyes:

again with the sentiment - its a completely different game now in the modern era and managers are of a different type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

:eek: This has got to be a wind up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

again with the sentiment - its a completely different game now in the modern era and managers are of a different type

The same one who won us the league last season and back-2-back finals of the Champions league? I would care if I wasn't so sure you're taking the p!ss.

which of course means they're better.

Last year he won the league, won the league cup and made it to the final of the CL.

This season we are 2nd in prem, still in league cup and still in CL.

How on earth can you think he should be given the boot now? Even with sentiment aside as you put it what would the reasons be for firing a manager who's doing what he's supposed to be doing?

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    Last year he won the league(with ronaldo), won the league cup (with ronaldo)and made it to the final of the CL(with ronaldo).

but rodaldo plays for madrid this year and who has replaced him ????

Antonio Valencia.

and he's done a fine job, unfortunately. ;)

you seem to think you can just replace Ronaldo like-for-like.

that's never going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

....a completely different game!? Since when!? He's won the league the last 3 years in a row!! And been in back to back champions league finals!!

...Are you insane!?!?!?

Des wrote: »
    You are talking absolute, unadulterated bollocks here mate, and it's fairly embarrassing for you.

listen here dessie boy, ive been nothing but respectful - if you ant to keep living in dellusion land you stay firmly where you are and put your feet up

in reality where most people live we can all see the team is weak in midfield, the defence yesterday made second reate strikers look world class and fergie is a half a glass away from alcoholics anonymous

if people dont realise this then im afraid its all downhill from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

obvious_troll.jpg

Is the season over yet? If we win the league without Ronaldo then what's the problem? Since when have we replaced players with a carbon copy?

You want Fergie fired because last year we had Ronaldo and this year we don't. Nothing to do with anything else at all just Ronaldo. How about you go and support Real Madrid altogether?

in reality where most people live we can all see the team is weak in midfield, the defence yesterday made second reate strikers look world class and fergie is a half a glass away from alcoholics anonymous

if people dont realise this then im afraid its all downhill from here

have you not taken on board any of the points people have made?

an injured defence?

more goals this year than last?

the fact fergie has won the last 3 league titles, been in the last 2 CL finals, winning one?

you do also realise that you have a fair few Liverpool fans in here backing a man who they can barely stand the sight of; mainly out of respect mind you.

but i think i'll let you believe what you want to believe now; and maybe let utd fans pull their hair out over the points your putting forward.

i might just sit back, get the popcorn out, and enjoy it unfold. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't understand for the life of me how there have been so many replies to such stupid comments. As soon as I read his first post, I immediately thought to myself this has to be a troll. I checked some more of his posts and immediately clicked his name and placed him on ignore.
    If you feel you are going to be drawn into defending somebody whose record speaks for itself, then I advise you do the same. There is enough rubbish on this forum without this utter nonsense.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't understand for the life of me how there have been so many replies to such stupid comments. As soon as I read his first post, I immediately thought to myself this has to be a troll. I checked some more of his posts and immediately clicked his name and placed him on ignore.
    If you feel you are going to be drawn into defending somebody whose record speaks for itself, then I advise you do the same. There is enough rubbish on this forum without this utter nonsense.

Your right and i'm ashamed to have added to it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I've said it before and I've said it again but re:john 438whateverhisnameis: I'm surprised those who are biting are even bothering. Seriously like.

My 2 cent on yesterday for what its worth:

Happy to get the point which was scarcely deserved. Birmingham are such a well drilled unit and with pace up front in Jerome and Benitez they'll always be a threat.

United are playing really really poorly and have been all season if we're to eb realistic and honest. People blaming this solely on the loss of Ronaldo aren't really seeing the big picture. There's no doubt his goals papered over the cracks at various times over the last few seasons. But at the same time would Ronaldo being in the team have stopped the sha,mbolic defending that let Beckford and Jerome in for goals the past few weekends, or helped with the horrendous and sloppy pasing we've been seeing lately? I really don't think so.

I've described the problems as Isee them in the United team but the creativity in midfield is definitely becoming a chronic problem. They really need to get their defenders fit as well and get a settled back four playing if they are to have any chance of challenging this year. The fact that they're still in touch at the top is actually amazing to me and is an indictment of Arsenal and Chelsea as much as its a credit to the manager's ability to keep thhe team up there in what is obviously a period of transition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

flahavaj wrote: »
    I've said it before and I've said it again but re:john 438whateverhisnameis: I'm surprised those who are biting are even bothering. Seriously like.

My 2 cent on yesterday for what its worth:

Happy to get the point which was scarcely deserved. Birmingham are such a well drilled unit and with pace up front in Jerome and Benitez they'll always be a threat.

United are playing really really poorly and have been all season if we're to eb realistic and honest. People blaming this solely on the loss of Ronaldo aren't really seeing the big picture. There's no doubt his goals papered over the cracks at various times over the last few seasons. But at the same time would Ronaldo being in the team have stopped the sha,mbolic defending that let Beckford and Jerome in for goals the past few weekends, or helped with the horrendous and sloppy pasing we've been seeing lately? I really don't think so.

I've described the problems as Isee them in the United team but the creativity in midfield is definitely becoming a chronic problem. They really need to get their defenders fit as well and get a settled back four playing if they are to have any chance of challenging this year. The fact that they're still in touch at the top is actually amazing to me and is an indictment of Arsenal and Chelsea as much as its a credit to the manager's ability to keep thhe team up there in what is obviously a period of transition.

It's a cold icy day and there's fcuk all people can do but stay inside. Hence the replies to obvious trolling methinks.

What we're missing atm is twofold - a physical presence up front is a necessity. Backup for Berbatov would be lovely thanks.

Added to that, we need a midfielder who can defend and pass. It's why Xabi Alonso was so valuable for Pool. Carrick and Fletcher aren't quite cutting it in that dual role atm.

Other than that, the defence being fit would be nice too.

It's a cold icy day and there's fcuk all people can do but stay inside. Hence the replies to obvious trolling methinks.

thats possible, or it could just be the inherent stupidity that comes with supporting utd :):D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What we're missing atm is twofold - a physical presence up front is a necessity. Backup for Berbatov would be lovely thanks.

I think Rooney provides plenty physical presence, I'd say myself pace is needed more than physical presence?
    Added to that, we need a midfielder who can defend and pass. It's why Xabi Alonso was so valuable for Pool. Carrick and Fletcher aren't quite cutting it in that dual role atm.

Other than that, the defence being fit would be nice too.
    Absolutely. Problem is there are only a select few players in the world who can provide this and thus you're talking 30-40 million to go and get this calibre of player.

I remember Marcos Senna, the lynchpin of Spain's Euro 2008 team and a guy who ticks all those boxes was available 3 or 4 years ago for something like 3 million and linked to United. Despite his age I still think he was someone Uinted badly f*cked up on not buying.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think Rooney provides plenty physical presence, I'd say myself pace is needed more than physical presence?

Absolutely. Problem is there are only a select few players in the world who can provide this and thus you're talking 30-40 million to go and get this calibre of player.

I remember Marcos Senna, the lynchpin of Spain's Euro 2008 team and a guy who ticks all those boxes was available 3 or 4 years ago for something like 3 million and linked to United. Despite his age I still think he was someone Uinted badly f*cked up on not buying.:(

Rooney's strong, but he can't head the ball really.

As for Senna, someone like him would have been great. Tragic that we didn't bother in the end, but c'est la vie.

Advertisement