Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham v Man Utd (Mod warning #112)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Going to be very tough for United now.

Birmingham are tough to break down at the best of times, and now they have a goal to cling too.

Ferguson really needs to take a proper look at this United side, devoid of spark. My freaking arse there are not players around who could improve this side.

It's only half time but i can see where you are coming from. With Uniteds finances in the toilet is there a chance ferguson would walk at seasons end if he is'nt given the funds? The Ronaldo sale is really coming home to roost now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, I'd go for Scholes and Carrick off, Anderson in the middle with Fletcher, Giggs for Park, and then Diouf up front. Why Diouf? Because Owen aint gona make an impact against this sort of defence.

What I'd expect to happen though is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Should see giggs coming on after the break.

and diouf too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Mame Diouf on for park second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Very frustrating half.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Harsh on United.

Birmingham have always played like this, its just with their solid defense this season and a bit of luck upfront it is working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

bryanjf wrote: »
    Kuzcsack is fcuking awful
    Wasnt his fault at all. Park should have gotten in front of the Birmingham player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Johner wrote: »
    Birmingham have always played like this, its just with their solid defense this season and a bit of luck upfront it is working.

It's an irritating style to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Unlucky United. Lets see if they have the creativity to break down the packed defence now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

monkey9 wrote: »
    Just reading the first few pages of this thread. Who is Diouf?? A new signing or someone from the reserves?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mame_Biram_Diouf

Bought him during the summer, but stayed on loan at his former club Molde until jan.

• Advertisement

It's an irritating style to watch.

Oh how I know to well, was at St Andrews 3 weeks ago for the match.

Oh how I know to well, was at St Andrews 3 weeks ago for the match.

Must be torture to sit thorugh live. Don't blame them for playing like it but feck me I despise it.

Must be torture to sit thorugh live. Don't blame them for playing like it but feck me I despise it.

It's very annoying alright. Joe Hart is some keeper though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

why did we even bother signing own to just leave him sitting on the bench on days like today were once again one striker is not working, if giggs isnt on for park at the start of the second half its game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

If United continue this form they could be finishinh outside the top four.
    What is the problem? Even if you cant beat Birmingham, you shoudln't be losing to them.
    It looks like a complete overhaul of the squad is needed based on the last few games.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    What is the problem? Even if you cant beat Birmingham, you shoudln't be losing to them.
    It looks like a complete overhaul of the squad is needed based on the last few games.

Ah come on you are over-reacting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Thats very dramatic altogether. We're playing well and were dominating the game, Birmingham seemed to have one attack and scored.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Trolling much?

United have been all over Birmingham with nearly 70% possesion for the entire half,

Birmingham got lucky scoring with their second shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

The sheer lack of knowledge or sense on this forum staggers me at times, this thread is a perfect example of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

One striker on the pitch for United is an absolute disgrace tbh.

Drama or what.

Outside top 4? Christ almighty.

They've drawn with liverpool chelsea and city and oh yeah.... It's only half time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

We'll finish in the top 4 but we wont win another trophy with this squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well after watching that first half I predict United buy a new keeper before January is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

read this on the caf thought it sums up the first half pretty well -

"That half was like being in first place for nearly the entire race in Mario Kart and getting hit by the blue shell."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Mr Alan wrote: »
    its not just that though, he doesnt like to overpay for players either.
    Des wrote: »
    he overpaid for Berbatov.

It's just a hunch but I think Mr Alan may be being slightly disingenuous here!
    well, shouldn't be manager of united then - United ALWAYS have to over pay.

This is possibly one of the most pathetic posts I've read on here. Fergie shouldn't be manager of United?:rolleyes:

As for Kuszczak, he's a great shot-stopper but has zero command of his area and panics every time the ball comes to his feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

why did we even bother signing own to just leave him sitting on the bench on days like today were once again one striker is not working.

Totally agree. I know we didn't fork out any money for him, but it is still a waste to have him doing nothing. We need another striker on the pitch more than we need 5 midfielders, take off Park for Owen, and give us a chance to score and go onto to win it

°°°°°

Ah come on you are over-reacting!

Not really.
    It doesn't make sense to play a lone striker against a defence like Birmingham.
    What's the probelm with Berbatov and Owen?
    Our defence is a shamble's, our keeper's are all over the place.
    There's no stability.
    Take Rooney out of our squad and we'd be lower than Liverpool right now.
    There's big problems at United, a combination of aging stars and players who just haven't ever shown the required quality, ie: Park, Anderson, Nani etc...
    It's time to get some quality in, otherwise we could be struggling for years, a la Liverpool.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I haven't gotten to watch the first half, but the amount of people on here throwing in the towel at half time, considering it a lost game seems nuts - you're man utd for christ sakes and however much i dislike it, you have an incredible knack for turning games around that start badly and getting not only the draw, but the win. They may or may not do that today, but theres still 45 mins left to wait and see!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well after watching that first half I predict United buy a new keeper before January is out.

Based on Birmingham having how many shots?

Pig can be blamed but only after Park and Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

What's the scare now??:)

Sorry, I meant to ask what is the score now??

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Drama or what.

Outside top 4? Christ almighty.

They've drawn with liverpool chelsea and city and oh yeah.... It's only half time!

Last season I would have agreed with you.
    This season there's good reason to be pesimistic.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Iago wrote: »
    The sheer lack of knowledge or sense on this forum staggers me at times, this thread is a perfect example of it.

Thankfully we have super, awesome mods to let us know how much we suck :rolleyes:

Last season I would have agreed with you.
    This season there's good reason to be pesimistic.

Well I can't argue then. You have logic on your side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Not really.
    It doesn't make sense to play a lone striker against a defence like Birmingham.
    What's the probelm with Berbatov and Owen?
    Our defence is a shamble's, our keeper's are all over the place.
    There's no stability.
    Take Rooney out of our squad and we'd be lower than Liverpool right now.
    There's big problems at United, a combination of aging stars and players who just haven't ever shown the required quality, ie: Park, Anderson, Nani etc...
    It's time to get some quality in, otherwise we could be struggling for years, a la Liverpool.
    Yeah but we win Champions leagues when we struggle for years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

keane2097 wrote: »
    One striker on the pitch for United is an absolute disgrace tbh.
    I don't think it is to be fair, its the centre of the park where United are weakest this season. You are giving Birmingham room if you only play two in midfield. The biggest problem for United is that lack of communication on either flank. Park does not work well with Evra and Rafael does not work well with Valencia.

°°°°°

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I haven't gotten to watch the first half, but the amount of people on here throwing in the towel at half time, considering it a lost game seems nuts - you're man utd for christ sakes and however much i dislike it, you have an incredible knack for turning games around that start badly and getting not only the draw, but the win. They may or may not do that today, but theres still 45 mins left to wait and see!

We've been papering over the cracks this season and we're starting to get found out now. It's time to get some top class players in. I knwo the finances aren't great, but they'll be worse when we cant qualify for the Champions League in a couple of years time, or even this year.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Iago is right tbh.

And Des, the overpaying comment was tongue in cheek based on Fergusons recent comments.

and by the wayim starting to think the internet is playing a huge part in destroying football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well, this has been a terrible start to the second half. shocking stuff from united.

°°°°°

Birmingham already showing the correct attitude in the second half.
    Showing no undue respect to a poor side.
    They're taking the game to United now, just like Leed's did last week:(

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Get park off. Obertan, owen and diouf on!

• Advertisement

An Citeog wrote: »
    It's just a hunch but I think Mr Alan may be being slightly disingenuous here!

This is possibly one of the most pathetic posts I've read on here. Fergie shouldn't be manager of United?:rolleyes:

As for Kuszczak, he's a great shot-stopper but has zero command of his area and panics every time the ball comes to his feet.

yeah - way to get the context all wrong.

If Ferguson refuses to 'overpay' for players he will never sign anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Yeah but we win Champions leagues when we struggle for years :)

WRONG.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

What's the score??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Had brum/utd ft/ht at 25-1...

Feck sake, Im cheering Utd on for once :mad:

this is terrible to watch. Absolutely nothing from United. No creativity, no spark. Lack of movement. Just horrible stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What's the score??

1-0 to Birmingham City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The sheer amount of people who are calling for players who aren't in the match squad or who are injuried to be playing is just utterly unreal.

°°°°°

Christ on a bike, United are falling apart here.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

When is Fergie going to realise we have no creative spark in midfield ?

I agree with the others. Its time to splash the cash and get in some quality.

Yoann Gourcuff is a realistic target (though cup tied CL)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brum 8 - 0 Utd

Advertisement