Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puggle

Options
  • 09-01-2010 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice, i have a puggle, MARLEY a pug/beagle lovely dog 1yr old.
    Marley is a in door dog, the last few morning on waking Marley has been to the toilet ( a no 2) im a bit confused because nothing has changed, his routine is that before i go to bed i take him around the garden(1 ACRE) and he usually just goes to the toilet can anybody give me any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Maybe the extreme cold is putting him off?

Any photos???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Has Marley eaten anything different the last few days?
    What's the consistancy of his number 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 donna1000

Hi thanks for your prompt reply, re; consistancy of no2 a bit of mucus but not to much, i was thinking it was maybe the weather, but when i let him out for last wee or poo he has a wee so im not sure if it is the weather? im so confused diet not changed up to date with all injections?
    will upload pics

Well if it's a little runnier than usual or not his usual consistancy it might indicate something up with his tummy. If he's wee'ing outside, then there's no reason he wouldn't poop outside too.
    what does he get to eat? Just his dog food?
    I might give the vet a quick call just to be sure, as you said it's unusual for him to poop inside the house and that the consistancy has changed.

picture of my darling Marley

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    Well if it's a little runnier than usual or not his usual consistancy it might indicate something up with his tummy. If he's wee'ing outside, then there's no reason he wouldn't poop outside too.
    what does he get to eat? Just his dog food?
    I might give the vet a quick call just to be sure, as you said it's unusual for him to poop inside the house and that the consistancy has changed.
    Hi star, little confused he goes during the day for poo, he diet has not changed, he sleeps in the utility room, we try and have him very active in the day as he is still really only a puppy, im getting up at the usual time in the morning, do you think it could be behaviour problems, what he eats is dry redmills and sometimes he may get a few scraps but not to much?

donna1000 wrote: »
    Hi star, little confused he goes during the day for poo, he diet has not changed, he sleeps in the utility room, we try and have him very active in the day as he is still really only a puppy, im getting up at the usual time in the morning, do you think it could be behaviour problems, what he eats is dry redmills and sometimes he may get a few scraps but not to much?

He poos during the day outside?
    But only at night does it indoors?

*could* be behavioural but it's just odd because he's not wee'ing inside either, and his poo is more mucus/runny as you said. Be no harm to phone up your vet & have a quick chat, see what they think.

Hi star, thanks for your great advice, just rang the vet and as we cant get to the vets with the weather he gve me advice on the telephone, he thinks it could be a lower bowel infection, he told me not to give him any processed foods, only boiled chicken or rice and to soak his dried food in water as he may not be getting enough water, he said if he continues and does not get any better to take him into him over the weekend.
    thanks again for your advice r u a vet?

Ah no, not a vet donna - just a pet owner/lover :)

We can give out advice here but sometimes it's best to check with your vet just incase. I would have thought the vet might have said about boiled chicken and rice, it's good for times if they've an upset stomach too. Hopefully that's help sort little Marley out - he's lovely looking :)

Thanks again star, i no were to come if i have any other queries, its horrible to think that my little boy is suffering a tummy upset, hopefully gets better soon
    thanks again
    Donna

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

He is so cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

oh my god donna he's unreal!!!!!!!! I think puggles are such a cute cross breed dog, they've so much character in their faces.

Perhaps for the next few nights, keep a record of the times he poos, and if he hasnt pooed for a while stay outside with him for ages to make sure he goes again.

Then perhaps set your alarm for the middle of the night to take him out again, as its probably upsetting him when he does go to the toilet in the house.

Thank you all for the great advice will keep a note on the night, he is sat here at the moment watching Beverley hills chihuahua, and loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Donna, he is absolutely gorgeous.... Such a lovely colour....

Would anyone suggest giving him some honey as it has antibiotic qualities...

I don't know about giving honey to small breeds - it's full of sugar and could upset their blood sugar levels so unless it came vet recommended for certain occasions - I wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

is his worming up to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

donna1000 wrote: »
    picture of my darling Marley

That dog made my day!

So cute :)

I hope your problem gets sorted soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

hi donna where did you get marley, i would love a puggle to go with my king charles when i get my own place

hi donna where did you get marley, i would love a puggle to go with my king charles when i get my own place
    Hi Lizard, we got Marley from westmeath i do know there is a add on donedeal at the moment, Marley's mam was a puggle and his dad was a beagle i no puggles are pug beagle, the breed are so affectionate, love sitting on your lap and love lots of hugs and kisses, Marley is just 1 and he has not barked yet? not quite sure why.

Advertisement