Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water off

• 09-01-2010 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in Cherrymount, Anyone else lost their kitchen cold water? It was low presure earlier, I presumed the corpo were preversing supplies....

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

or else your pipes have frozen Mike, find it hard to think they would turn off supply during daytime hours to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Next door is fine, its me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

mike65 wrote: »
    Next door is fine, its me.
    pour boiling hot water on the footpath at the front of your house this should sort it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

A lot of houses here outside pipes are frozen. The Fire department are over here filling up peoples attic tanks at the moment.

Chap next door to next door (2 doors down!) is in the same boat and he knows of a few others in the area likewise :( I've poured hot water on the stop cock valve twice but I doubt it'll do the job. Pipe could be frozen at any point between there and the tap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Heard water also gone in parts of Powerscourt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Took 6 kettle loads to unfreeze our pipes the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 LittleBandit

mike65 I'm having the same problem, have tried boiling water ont he stop cock valve and more but no joy.

Rang the City council and they said its nothing to do with them and they wont be delivering water either, find this totally unacceptable nearly 3 days now with no water.

There is little they can do about the freezing as any point in about 50 feet of pipe
    could be the blocked part, I know some local authorities have been setting up tankers for public collection but not heard of any here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Light a fire on the footpath? he he. Be cosy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 LittleBandit

seanybiker wrote: »
    Light a fire on the footpath? he he. Be cosy

Very tempted to if I though it had a good chance of working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Stokolan wrote: »
    A lot of houses here outside pipes are frozen. The Fire department are over here filling up peoples attic tanks at the moment.

where is this ? as i find this very hard to beleive

water gone in bracken drive as well and parts of tycor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

SUNGOD wrote: »
    where is this ? as i find this very hard to beleive

water gone in bracken drive as well and parts of tycor

I wouldn't find it hard to believe. When the mains supply stopped working in Hillview a few years back, they went street to street and filler whatever containers people brought out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Is the water back for everyone now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dobyrne

Not for me - still off in some of the houses in The Sycamores on the Dunmore Road - by the Uluru. Not good.

Still off for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

still off for some houses in bracken drive

Still off here, hopefully the rise in temps will make a difference in the next 24/36 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

still gone in templers in a few houses, bad news is it's snowing in carlow again so if that does move down we're all goosed for a longer time

No chance of that happening the wind and rain are pushing from the south. Carlow is snowing cos its still cooler air up there and prolly slightly higher ground than Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 11 burko2

Hi all, Im in the Fairways in Ferrybank and there is about 8 houses over here that I know of that have no water since sat morning.We are hoping against hope that tempertures will rise enough for the pipes underground to thaw.
    I spent 5hrs on Sun pouring warm water on the stopcock on the road outside house.Didnt work unfortunatly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

burko2 wrote: »
    I spent 5hrs on Sun pouring warm water on the stopcock on the road outside house.Didnt work unfortunatly....

There must be a bit of a thaw happening now.
    Would it worth trying hot hater again on heat/dryer down the pipes again?

I AM WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I AM WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

this-is-sparta_5_imagenGrande.jpg

I've never been so glad to hear a trickle of liquid, well not since being caught short on a motorway....! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Living in Cherrymount, haven't had any problems with water in the past few weeks

Check your cold tap! Is the pressure low? Mine is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

Water in our cold tap is gone since about 10pm. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Water in our cold tap is gone since about 10pm. :(

Lot of Councils around the country now say they are turning it off every night for the forseeable future, it should be back after 7/8 a.m.

Or maybe it's just your own pipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

prob too late now that the ice has gone but i live in cherrymount and have parked my car over the shore with the stopcock in it and havent had any probs since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I'm in Cherrymount, Anyone else lost their kitchen cold water? It was low presure earlier, I presumed the corpo were preversing supplies....
    pour boiling hot water on the footpath at the front of your house this should sort it

:rolleyes:

Advertisement