Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No heating upstairs

• 09-01-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

I was away for a few days and when i came home I had some water problems. I put a small blow heater in the attic and everything seems ok now except 2 of the 3 rads urstairs will not heat. Have vented them but there is no air. The small rad upstairs is working fine but in the bedrooms upstairs there is no heat.All other rads in house are fine. Any suggesstions pleaseThanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

If you have one small rad working upstairs then the system seems ok. Go to the next nearest rad and make sure the valves are open on it Then close all the other Rad valves on all the other Radiators.
    This should force the heat through the only Radiator that is open. When you achieve this carry out the same procedure at each of the other rads which are presently cold.
    Make sure to close each one after you get it working as you go.
    When you have done them all them you can open all the rads back up and they should continue to heat.
    I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Sky 6 you are a genius. That worked a treat. Thank you very much

Advertisement