Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Everton -3pm Setanta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Eduardo is playing well today some nice passes and a great run earler - assist too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I hate the way commentators write Arsenal off every fcuking year, just shutup FFS.

Better not listen to Pat Dolan at HT then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

I hate the way commentators write Arsenal off every fcuking year, just shutup FFS.

Lou Macari hates Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Ya, pisses me right off. They're the same one's who were saying at the start of seaon that we would'nt make champs league place too, but Arsenal win the league they'll be sprouting how great it is for football yada yada yada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Or ever

Traore is having a stinker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

My owlfella had him in his taxi awhile back, he seen the Arsenal air freshener and start slagging them :pac: saying their too inexperienced and that they can't keep using it as an excuse :pac:, he was going to the airport and his flight was at 2 or 3 or something and he was only leaving at half one :pac: me owlfella said he was sweating in the back of the taxi and everything, him and his suits :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lads, have ye not figured out yet - all commentators are creeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Landen Donovan is good at clipped passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Paleface wrote: »
    Lou Macari hates Arsenal everyone except Utd and Amoo;).

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sure they've been right for the last 5 years!
    Paleface wrote: »
    Lou Macari hates Arsenal.

He just has man love for everything United!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

What a worrying misplaced pass to give Saha the ball in the middle of the pitch!

My owlfella had him in his taxi awhile back, he seen the Arsenal air freshener and start slagging them :pac: saying their too inexperienced and that they can't keep using it as an excuse :pac:, he was going to the airport and his flight was at 2 or 3 or something and he was only leaving at half one :pac: me owlfella said he was sweating in the back of the taxi and everything, him and his suits :pac:.

He loves them auld burgers - taken in Burger King

n1t2zl.jpg

Eh, Pat Dolan is a big fan of Arsenal's method and Arsene Wenger, he loves how he runs the club and says always says trophies are inevitable.

The second Setanta Sports commentator on the other hand keeps going on about how "pretty football isn't enough" bla bla bla. Yeah, we know, but the problem in this half is that we aren't playing good football, so his point is silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Glass is half empty for me. We've been brilliant. We need to focus on good direct play and keep roughing Arsenal up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Fair play to them for getting it bang on I say. Well they were right so far.

Disjointed enough half of football.

Arsenal not looking very secure at the back and probably having the lion's share of the possesion but are unable to get into the final third.

Arsenal's offensive players have looked physically overmatched by the Everton defenders and the Everton defence has done a very solid job of keeping them away from goal.

Reckon there's at least one more goal in this, whether it is Arsenal managing to break down Everton's resolute defending or Everton to hit Arsenal on the break or from a set-piece.

Ref has played advantage a fair bit which has ended up favouring Everton more.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Fair play to them for getting it bang on I say. Well they were right so far.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63895633&postcount=112

Traore is having an absolute reggie.

Very scrappy game so far, Everton have been great.

Can they keep that level of work up for 90 minutes though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Arsenal have been rubbish and are very lucky to be going in level at half time. How many times were they bundled off the ball in midfield? Seriously missing Fabregas.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Traore is having an absolute reggie.

Very scrappy game so far, Everton have been great.

Can they keep that level of work up for 90 minutes though?

Just have to wait and see, not many teams can!

magma69 wrote: »
    Arsenal have been rubbish and are very lucky to be going in level at half time. How many times were they bundled off the ball in midfield? Seriously missing Fabregas.

Missing Song more!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Setanta have always had a thing against Arsenal ever since Arsenal TV pulled themselves from the Setanta package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

jasonorr wrote: »
    Missing Song more!!!
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Boring enough first half I thought. There were three distinct phases of play. Everton taking it to Arsenal at the start, Arsenal brightening up in response to the goal and then conservatism from both teams scared to concede again.

Everton started well, and worked very hard throughout. However they look a little nervy at times in defence, some rushed clearances from Heitinga, and Eduardo and Arshavin are having great fun getting in behind the lines, let down by overhit passes.

Arsenal don't really look like a team who want to be out there. Some bright points, but overall a very sluggish performance. Shocking defending too, no one is paying attention to the runners from Everton.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Landen Donovan is good at clipped passes.

He looks like someone who's used to being the big fish tbh. A huge amount of talent but he just doesn't exert himself, kinda waits for stuff to be put on a gilded platter for him. The only time I've ever seen him go gung ho is when he's playing for the states.
    Eh, Pat Dolan is a big fan of Arsenal's method and Arsene Wenger, he loves how he runs the club and says always says trophies are inevitable.

Indeed, Pat at times can be a lot fairer to Arsenal than most commentators. He was full of praise last week.

• Advertisement

newbie2 wrote: »
    Setanta have always had a thing against Arsenal ever since Arsenal TV pulled themselves from the Setanta package.
    CTs this way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

newbie2 wrote: »
    Setanta have always had a thing against Arsenal ever since Arsenal TV pulled themselves from Setanta.

Don't think Arsenal pulled out of Setanta, Arsenal TV was on the Setanta UK platform.

Speaking of Pat - surely the goal will go down as an own goal as opposed to Dennilson's?

Took a signifcant deflection to wrong foot the keeper.

Seemed like it was going wide before the deflection and even then the keeper would have had a decent chance of saving it?

Speaking of Pat - surely the goal will go down as an own goal as opposed to Dennilson's?

Seemed like it was going wide before the deflection and even then the keeper would have had a decent chance of saving it?

Aye I'd imagine it will go down as an O.G.

Wonder will Silvestre come on this half? I'm banking on it

• Advertisement

If that's the case, og. Otherwise, Denilson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I always thought if the shot was originaly on target then they'd give it to the striker, regardless of what the keeper would have done.

magma69 wrote: »

Yeah, we probably need a bit more creativity but, if Song was available, Everton wouldn't have as much success breaking forward which has cost us!

Aye I'd imagine it will go down as an O.G.

Eduardo got creditied with the assist for me in Fantasy Football so I'm happy enough. :)

I don't know what makes it different to any other deflection (such as Eduardo's free kick against Portsmouth a couple of weeks back). The defender didn't stick his leg out or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Donovan doesnt look out of place so far

looks a good loan deal by Moyes

delighted to see him in the EPL, iv watched numerous MLS matches and he looks to good for that league imo

Traore on a mission to make Donovan look like the world's best buy EVAH!!!!!

Arshavin been rather quiet, so expect a wonderstrike in the next 20 minutes

Eduardo got creditied with the assist for me in Fantasy Football so I'm happy enough. :)

I don't know what makes it different to any other deflection (such as Eduardo's free kick against Portsmouth a couple of weeks back). The defender didn't stick his leg out or anything.

It was going wide till it hit Osman.

Jayzus the Arsenal players don't even look like they want to be out there.

Arshavin is trying far too much one touch stuff, he needs to start just taking the ball in, it's not working for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I've always liked Donovan, might buy him in Fantasy Football.

Beau x1 wrote: »
    January's going to be a dark month for Arsenal, I'm afraid.

Why, haven't they paid their electricity bill?

Never a high foot by Gallas.

Heitinga came fomr behind him and lowered his head, poor decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Could have sworn i just saw gallas swing it in from the right for vermalen to get a head on it...........and then everton 3 on 1 the other end lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Traore on a mission to make Donovan look like the world's best buy EVAH!!!!

sums it up. Donovan hasn't done anything much, it's just Traoré has been so flat footed that Donovan hasn't had to bat an eyelid to get in behind him. Hard to judge Donovan anyway on his first performance, as he communicates more with his team mates he'll probably look more the part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

58 minutes in, traore completes his first pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Traore on a mission to make Donovan look like the world's best buy EVAH!!!!!

Arshavin been rather quiet, so expect a wonderstrike in the next 20 minutes
    Donovan is on loan.

I have to say, the ref seems to be very fair in this game, a few times I expected him to give fouls to Arsenal that you shouldn't get but the big four usually do, but he let play go on.

Think it's time to get Sicknote on for Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Spot on Frisbee.

:D

Good call frisbee, hope he can make a difference. We look very ordinary today

Ramsey not exactly sparkled today but possibly a game that could be good experience for him down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Snow really coming down at The Emirates.

Advertisement