Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Everton -3pm Setanta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Woeful performance from Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great belief to get a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal were absolutely sh*te today, we weren't even deserving of that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

game over,was entertaining to watch,arsenal were shocking ,only really performed after they scored their 2nd goal,feel sorry for everton.

Now I realise why I hate Setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

2-2 probably a fair result in the end.

Indeed, I was expecting us to drop points anyway so I'm not to bothered by the result.

The big cause for concern is Denilson. I hope it's nothing serious. I think it was the other side to the one Neville decided to tenderize but I'm not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Will not have to hear Maccari again for a while now, think i would rather watch a stream full of Japanese guys than listen to that tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Good point for Everton, I'd have to say we were absolutely shit more than they were good to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The international commentary on the YES stream were delightful as always

anplaya wrote: »
    game over,was entertaining to watch,arsenal were shocking ,only really performed after they scored their 2nd goal,feel sorry for everton.

able to grind out a draw a good sign, draw a fair result imo

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Will not have to hear Maccari ags8n for a while now, think i would rather watch a stream full of Japanese guys than listen to that tool.

Seems to be all utd matches coming up on setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Arsenal didn't deserve the draw, feel sorry for Everton fans but I'm still relieved for the point.

Not too sure this Arsenal team performs well under pressure like this, only started playing well when we were level.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Now I realise why I hate Setanta

whats so bad about it?commentators? dont listen to them anyway.take from what i see and form my own opinion.

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Arsenal didn't deserve the draw, feel sorry for Everton fans but I'm still relieved for the point.

Don't think Everton deserved a win though

able to grind out a draw a good sign, draw a fair result imo

true but they werent deserving of it,thats why i feel for everton,two deflected goals eh?

whats so bad about it?commentators? dont listen to them anyway.take from what i see and form my own opinion.

First time I have watched setanta this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Seems to be all utd matches coming up on setanta

Lou will be delighted

Don't think Everton deserved a win though
    Nor do I, but if any of the teams did it was them.

true but they werent deserving of it,thats why i feel for everton,two deflected goals eh?

Arsenal more possession and possibly shots and shots on target

• Advertisement

Everton absolutely played us off the park though, that was a very disappointing and fairly spineless performance.

More importantly though I hope Denilson is ok, that looked bad.

First time I have watched setanta this season

doesnt bother me,long as i get t watch the game.

just saw pienaars goal again,looks like the ref was putting in more effort be near the ball than the last man chasing pienaar :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's just Lou Macari. He's the world's biggest United fan, and he really shouldn't be allowed work in the media when he massive bias is blatantly obvious. All commentators/pundits are going to have favourite teams, but the professional ones put aside their bias and just do their job. Macari is clearly uncapable of this. His gloat to himself about how Arsenal will never win anything after Everton's second...

Dolan just said something that actually made sense there. Arsenal aren't playing like champions, but neither are Chelsea or United.

magma69 wrote: »
    Commentators were just as enthusiastic for the Arsenal goal. Don't know what you lot are shitting on about.

Let's put it this way. If Arsenal come from a goal behind to get a point in the last few minutes of a game they are 'unconvincing' or 'inexperienced' or what have you. If you United or Chelsea come from behind, it's a sign of their 'determination' or the 'mark of champions' or what have you...

Pat Dolan kinda pleasing me at the moment, please don't ruin it Pat :P.

Let's put it this way. If Arsenal come from a goal behind to get a point in the last few minutes of a game they are 'unconvincing' or 'inexperienced' or what have you. If you United or Chelsea come from behind, it's a sign of their 'determination' or the 'mark of champions' or what have you...
    Completely agree..ugh.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Everton absolutely played us off the park though, that was a very disappointing and fairly spineless performance.

More importantly though I hope Denilson is ok, that looked bad.

Can't agree with that.:)

Looks bad re Denilson :(

Also having seen that Pienaar goal, what was Almunia doing?
    He just sat down.

I mean can Wenger really keep saying he trusts him when he fecks up nearly anything meaningful he has to do in a game.

It's just Lou Macari. He's the world's biggest United fan, and he really shouldn't be allowed work in the media when he massive bias is blatantly obvious. All commentators/pundits are going to have favourite teams, but the professional ones put aside their bias and just do their job. Macari is clearly uncapable of this. His gloat to himself about how Arsenal will never win anything after Everton's second...

Dolan just said something that actually made sense there. Arsenal aren't playing like champions, but neither are Chelsea or United.

ah dont bother listening to him then,dont care what he thinks sure.plenty of other commentators are just as biased im sure.

lot of people have been saying that.fat pat prob heard that from someone and threw it in there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

ah dont bother listening to him then

It's kind of hard not to listen to him when he's talking shite while I'm trying to watch the game.

everton were the better team,even the arsenal fans are saying so.they looked better to me too,were unlucky not to hang on.thats the thing with arsenal,they can play absolutely **** and still get a result.

• Advertisement

It's kind of hard not to listen to him when he's talking shite while I'm trying to watch the game.

turn it t mute and listen to it if its on the radio,best of both worlds eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

From BBC....

Possession
    Arsenal 55% Everton 45%
    Attempts on target
    Arsenal 5 Everton 5
    Attempts off target
    Arsenal 1 Everton 4
    Corners
    Arsenal 6Everton 8

any thing on denilson yet?

turn it t mute and listen to it if its on the radio,best of both worlds eh

Don't be ridiculous, it would be out of synch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

bollocks to that, too good a story for everton to win

moyes needs to hand out a pair of balls to all his squad as we lack them to win the big games.

how hard is is to hold out in injury time ffs

any thing on denilson yet?

Prolly have to wait a few days before anything definite is released. Nothing so far!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

yeah he had to lie down , he was tired

Gridlock wrote: »
    Ok :rolleyes:.

bollocks to that, too good a story for everton to win

moyes needs to hand out a pair of balls to all his squad as we lack them to win the big games.

how hard is is to hold out in injury time ffs

Ask Bayern Munich!!!

everton were the better team,even the arsenal fans are saying so.they looked better to me too,were unlucky not to hang on.thats the thing with arsenal,they can play absolutely **** and still get a result.

Don't get me wrong Everton played very well and fully deserved there point, hope both Arsenal and Everton supporters get home ok, announcement in stadium for Everton supporters to leave immediately at final whistle.

• Advertisement

Gridlock wrote: »

Cop on, he collapsed in possession of the ball and couldn't even kick it out of play first, then he was immediately stretchered off!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Reckon its his ribs from the challenge with Neville a few mins before,

Actually, I tend to find Arsenal are one of those teams who can play incredibly well and not get the result. So yeah I think you're talking out of your ass on that one mate.

thats the thing with arsenal,they can play absolutely **** and still get a result.

Actually, it's exactly the opposite. Being able to play sh*t and get a result is how United, and before them, Chelsea have won the leagues. Arsenal for the past few seasons have been able to utterly play teams off the park and will still come away with a point or less, they've had a huge amount of bad luck combined with a complete lack of clinical finishing.

That's why the last month or so has been so encouraging, first time since the invincibles that I've seen an Arsenal team able to consistently grind out results without necessarily playing great football. Hence I'm not too bothered about the result today, a year ago they probably would have come away from that game with nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Quick thoughts:

Almunia is just not good enough, he made it so easy for Pienaar to make himself look like a hero.

Phil Neville, what a pro, that double block was sensational.

Marouane Fellaini is an animal.

Armand Traore was appallingly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Haha the amount of times Traore played someone onside while being on the wrong side from where the pass was going to be played was rediculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think a guy with the surname Traore at left-back works.

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Actually, I tend to find Arsenal are one of those teams who can play incredibly well and not get the result. So yeah I think you're talking out of your ass on that one mate.

played poorly v west ham and still won,ring any bells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Macari is plain awful. And thats coming from a United fan. No insight whatsoever into the match and as biased if not worse that Phil Thompson.

• Advertisement

jasonorr wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous, it would be out of synch!!!

tongue in cheek suggestion:D

Advertisement