Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenclick cancelation problem

Options
  • 09-01-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Ever since moviestar.ie became screenclick, I have been unable to log in with my username. At first I thought it was me, that I had forgotten what username I used, but I typically only use one of two, and nothing has worked that I've remotely been able to think of.

Am beginning to think they are preventing me from logging in intentionally and the 18 Euro a month keeps rolling from my bank account to them. We need to cancel, but I can't log in. Ideas? Any recourse?

Have been unable to reach them by phone and no response to email yet. Having read the related threads here, I feel like a right eejit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Post split from 4 year old thread, there was not need for that

Cancel the direct debit with the bank, simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TaraKS

thanks, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

jor el wrote: »
    Post split from 4 year old thread, there was not need for that

Cancel the direct debit with the bank, simple as that.
    Would cancelling the DD be ok? If he hasn't yet unsubscribed then isn't he still technically using their service and is liable for the fees he agreed to?

Send them a registered letter, it's much better to have everything in writing anyways in case a dispute arises. If your email requested cancellation include a copy of that too as evidence of when you initally requested it.
    http://www.screenclick.com/RegistrationTerms.aspx#Cancellation
    8. Account Cancellation a) If you wish to cancel your subscription you must ensure you have COMPLETED the cancellation a minimum of two (2) working days prior to your Billing Date to avoid being charged a further month's subscription. We DO NOT provide refunds for cancellations part-way through the billing period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Would cancelling the DD be ok? If he hasn't yet unsubscribed then isn't he still technically using their service and is liable for the fees he agreed to?

After making reasonable efforts to contact them, using email and phone, without any reply from the company, I would cancel the payment and walk away. They're obviously not interested in helping or facilitating the requests so don't give them any more money.

Send one final email saying you're canceling the direct debit, and then do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sylvia.

TaraKS wrote: »
    Have been unable to reach them by phone and no response to email yet. Having read the related threads here, I feel like a right eejit.

Hi there

We have absolutely no intention to force any of our members to keep the account open. I am not sure why but it sounds like we haven’t received your emails. If you would like to send me a copy of the email where you asked to have your account cancel I will make sure that any payments taken after that day will be refunded to you . I am sorry for the inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Wow look like screenclick have an un-officail spokewoman...

Just cancel DD OP and if they reinstate it then the bank is liable and take no guff from the bank as they hate being forced to abide by the DD scheme rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

sylvia.

I do appreciate you taking the time to register on Boards and reply to comments. However, if you are going to continue to use this account to make official representations on behalf of Screenclick, then I ask that you contact the Boards management at hello@boards.ie.

Regards

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TaraKS

Screenclick did eventually respond to my original email and cancelled the account, no problem. Very nice when it all works out . . .:)

Advertisement