Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baffling PTSB

Options
  • 09-01-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

got a letter from PTSB asking me for my mortgage a/c number,they do not have it.. i have my mortgage with them for the last 4 years.how is it possible for them to lose your mortgage a/c number ?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That sounds a bit suss if you ask me. I'd be ringing them first thing on Monday morning and asking what the story was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Toots* wrote: »
    That sounds a bit suss if you ask me. I'd be ringing them first thing on Monday morning and asking what the story was.

+1

sounds verys dodgy. Ring them monday or drop into a branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LauranceB

That’s a coincidence because I was in one of the branches yesterday opening a current account and they asked me how much was left on my (PTSB) mortgage and how much was the mortgage I took out for and also what I thought the house would be worth now.

I remember thinking this was odd as all information would have been on the screen in front of her.

I then thought maybe it was a few security questions or something but definitely not as she seemed to be tying this info into the computer and I had already given her plenty of identification as to who I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 queenbeeuty

LauranceB wrote: »
    That’s a coincidence because I was in one of the branches yesterday opening a current account and they asked me how much was left on my (PTSB) mortgage and how much was the mortgage I took out for and also what I thought the house would be worth now.

I remember thinking this was odd as all information would have been on the screen in front of her.

I then thought maybe it was a few security questions or something but definitely not as she seemed to be tying this info into the computer and I had already given her plenty of identification as to who I was.

I used to work there.Mortgage account numbers are held on a
    different system that not everyone has access to.The information she needed for
    opening the account was just to have your details on the new account
    for future marketing prospects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

they were looking for my a/c number because i took out a home insurance policy with AIB. previously i was with fbd,who incidentally wanted more money this year even though i had no claims but thats a different matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement