Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower not working

• 09-01-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi There
    My pump is working in the shower but no water is coming out. Have tried taking the head of the shower and turning the water to the lowest temperature but nothing is coming out. Have also checked my pipes in the attic, all are lagged and have also put a hairdryer to them to make sure they are not freezing. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Is the tank itself frozen?
    Is all of the pipe lagged?
    And lagged with what - a lot of that old shyte grey lagging is useless.
    And a hairdrier is useless too - you need a proper heatgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blonde27

All the pipes are lagged adequately I think and the tank isnt frozen. Have had this problem since the cold weather hit a few weeks ago and it was solved by running the shower at a cold temp (every 30 secs) and then turning onto the normal temperature. However, this isnt happening today, no water coming through at all

The pipes are frozen under that lagging, don't assume not.
    Take the lagging off, and flex the pipes, can you hear the water inside cracking (like ice)?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

Same thing happened in my house this morning it was indeed the pipes under the lagging that were frozen I took the lagging off and put a blow heater up there for about 30 minutes and it sorted itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blonde27

Thanks a million, pipes were frozen solid, took the lagging off and put two hairdryers against it. Have a blow heater up there now. Have wrapped the pipes with extra towels to make sure it doesnt happen again.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, lagging is cheap ****e........and remember last night was down to -15 in place.

Advertisement