Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Wireless Help

• 09-01-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys,
    I need a favour, I am trying to set up xbox live for my little brother. I have been trying to do it all morning and not much luck.
    I have ntl broadband(not wireless) so I bought a router and I set up a network wireless properly. I know I set up the router properly because laptops pick up the wireless signal around the house fine.
    So then I bought the Wireless N Networking Adaptor and configured that properly to the xbox.

Then I did the "Test Xbox LIVE Connection". It picks up the wireless network fine, but won't connect to the internet.
    I get different error messages as to why it wont connect to the internet and I have done what the recommended for all of them and it still won't work.

First it told me that my DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox live servers and to restart the router so I did that, no luck.
    Then it told me to manually enter the IP Address, the Subnet Mask, the Gateway and the Primary DNS Server which I did. I'm not really familiar with all these terms but I took all of these numbers from the main PC, I presume these are the right ones.But that still didn't work.
    Then it told me to automatically source the IP Address,the Subnet Mask, the Gateway and the Primary DNS Server, all of which I did and still no luck.

Sorry for the long post but I am tearing my hair out now so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated and I shall be indebted to your forever and ever!!!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

umm i dont know if im talking BS but the IP and WEP code is should be on your modem mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i had a very similar problem when i first set up my eircom router and the problem was the firewall wasnt letting my xbox connect to live, i dropped its strength a bit and it worked.
    it may be a similar problem, if its not it you should ring ntl and see what they say.

hope it works out for you

Advertisement