Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning AVI files to DVD and keeping as AVI

Options
  • 09-01-2010 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I have a program to do this, TMPGEnc, but i can't get the menu feature to work. Anyone know any other programs what can do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

how do you mean burning DVD and keeping avi?

If you burn a DVD video then it is mpeg2.

If you burn a dvd data disc with an avi, it'll be an avi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Martyn27

Yeah i want the data kept as an avi. Its alot of a smaller file size and can fit more on a disc. I got a divx dvd player and it is capable of playing AVI.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Once you have your .avi file, just burn it as a data file to the DVD.

Argh forgot to mention its a TV show im burning to a disc. Im putting House onto a disc and need a title menu to select the episode i want to watch, instead of having one big long clip from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

is your dvd player divx ultra certified?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

the files you burn onto the dvd will come up as a menu and you select what you want to watch. you don't have to sit down and watch 3 hours of house straight.
    although i'm not sure you can break that up even more. if i stop, it goes back to the menu/file list. but if you burn on a dvd, the ff takes seconds to flick through. burning on a cd and fast forwarding to a bit an hour into a movie takes what seems like forever.

is your dvd player divx ultra certified?
    Not too sure on this one

Ok thanks ill just try burning normally to a DVD without using a program.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

convertXtodvd is the best one for this.i can send u the link if u need

naughto wrote: »
    convertXtodvd is the best one for this.i can send u the link if u need
    That sounds like it is going to convert to DVD, does it have the option to keep as AVI?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Use Nero Smartstart to burn the DVD as a data dvd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Try the trial of this:
    http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda3.html

I use the full version & it converts any format to DVD, with full menu wizards.

Advertisement