Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yebisu Premium Malt

• 09-01-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

lovely lovely japanese beer absolute delight to lash down, now does anybody know of an offo that would sell said Japanese beer or even other Japanese and asian beers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 holyfingers

Been looking around for it too, awesome stuff. So far all I can find, in terms of Japanese beer, in Dublin is Asahi, which Redmonds in Ranelagh stock.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

So far all I can find, in terms of Japanese beer, in Dublin is Asahi
    Brewed in the UK.

Apparently there's a range of beers from Kiuchi Brewing available in Yamamori.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 holyfingers

Also Ukiyo, the Japanese/Korean place on Exchequer street, serve Kirin and possibly a couple of others. Still can't find anywhere to buy a load to carry out though. Do they stock beer in Fallon And Byrne I wonder?

Kirin
    Brewed in the UK :)
    Do they stock beer in Fallon And Byrne I wonder?
    Not any time I've been in. Terrible stuff, for common people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Good man, easily my favourite Japanese brew. I was never able to track it down in Ireland (luckily I can get it on tap now!) Kirin and Asahi are pretty easy to find, but they pale in comparison (particularly Kirin).

Tsing Tao is a nice Chinese beer, getting quite popular, I've seen it in a lot of restaurants and offies. I tried some nice beer in a Korean restaurant on Capel St. once upon a time, but I don't remember the name (the restaurant was Bon-Ga if I recall correctly). Might be worth checking the Korean shop just off middle Abbey St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

BeerNut wrote: »
    Do they stock beer in Fallon And Byrne I wonder?

Not any time I've been in. Terrible stuff, for common people.

Not to mention that a licence to sell wine costs €5,000 and does not require court approval, while one to sell beer requires the extinction of an existing full (pub or full off sales) licence, which will set you back over €100,000 at the moment.

Well you couldn't allow common people to sell it to their own, could you? It's a recipe for Bolshevism!
    /puts monocle back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not to mention that a licence to sell wine costs €5,000 and does not require court approval, while one to sell beer requires the extinction of an existing full (pub or full off sales) licence, which will set you back over €100,000 at the moment.

I was of the belief that it cost a whole lot less Than 5K for a licence to sell wine. Every second butcher is doing it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galwaywinefan

harvest in galway can get it no prob, along with the likes of sapporo and kirin etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galwaywinefan

hi u can get it in harvest in galway

• Advertisement
Advertisement