Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and Senior Citizens

• 09-01-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey, I am looking into setting up broadband for my parents in their house. I have heard that senior citzens qualify for reduced broadband, if not free broadband. Does anybody know anything about this and how to apply for it.
    Do you need to use a certain provider?

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

faulty wrote: »
    Hey, I am looking into setting up broadband for my parents in their house. I have heard that senior citzens qualify for reduced broadband, if not free broadband. Does anybody know anything about this and how to apply for it.
    Do you need to use a certain provider?

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't heard of anything specific to BroadBand, but there are supports for those qualifying which include contributions towards TV Licence, Electricity and Telephone
    I suspect that the Telephone support is what you mean in this case.

regards.

Advertisement