Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying fake tan to your back?

• 09-01-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

How do you do it? I can't reach parts of my back to apply fake tan, so usually I'll have to wear something that doesn't show! Apart from a professional fake tan, how do you all get your back tanned at home? (and on your own :) )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I don't really do fake tan by myself, I usually have someone to give me a hand, but I read somwhere to put tan onto a sheet on cling film and rub it onto your back.. Not sure how effective it is though, but give it a try..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i find odd contortions tend to work
    like when youve to itch your back in an aqward place.
    just keep trying and look in the mirror.

i find its easiest when using sally hansen tan because you can spray it onto your back then use a mitt:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

The easiest thing to do is ask a friend to help you out! You can only bend your arms certain ways! :pac:

It's very difficult to fake tan areas you can't reach so well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

My number is 08573.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i find its easiest when using sally hansen tan because you can spray it onto your back then use a mitt:)

i love Sally <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I give the boyf a shout for this, the mixture of distress and concentration on his face is reason enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

St. Tropez brought out an applicator for this very purpose!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/St-Tropez-Back-Applicator/dp/B000CSLJBE
    I know it's sold out on that website but I'm sure you could track one down on ebay!:)

EDIT: Just did a quick search, it has been discontinued but you might still get lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

nicola09 wrote: »
    St. Tropez brought out an applicator for this very purpose!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/St-Tropez-Back-Applicator/dp/B000CSLJBE
    I know it's sold out on that website but I'm sure you could track one down on ebay!:)

I made my own version of this. I had a 'back washer' that looks similar to this and I put one of the tanning mits over the top of it.

Works like a charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

orla wrote: »
    I made my own version of this. I had a 'back washer' that looks similar to this and I put one of the tanning mits over the top of it.

Works like a charm.

ooh that really is genius! may give that a go because I too have a backwasher that I have always viewed as pointless!:D
    I usually get the bf to do it coz he is weirdly perfectionist about it! :confused: My sister gets roped in as well but in my opinion males are better at it, must be all the time they spend polishing their cars or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

i find odd contortions tend to work
    like when youve to itch your back in an aqward place.
    just keep trying and look in the mirror.

Does Sally Hansen do all over tan? I've only ever used the spray on tights one.

I'm pretty flexible and can contort in all sorts of strange manners to get it on my back. Use a mirror to make sure I'm getting it all.

If I was wearing a top that was low at the back and wanted to bronze it though I'd just get my OH/Mum/whoever is in the vicinity to do it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Sally hansen can be used all over your body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Sally hansen can be used all over your body

Really? I've only ever used the airbrush legs one which tends to blotch at the back of the knees if I bend my legs for ages so I wouldn't have thought it'd be reliable all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Airbrush legs is the only one there is as far as I know. I use it every time I go out. Everyone finds it different,theres a million different threads on it on here

Personally I dont have normal skin so I dont moisturise before because it makes it blotch in places if you do

Always use a tan mitt. I spray on to the mitt rather than onto my skin

and I mix it with liquid foundation for my face and neck so that I dont get a two tone look.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Sorry for the late reply.
    There are some really great tips here! I must get a mitt, back washer & spray tan :D
    Have you ever seen that tv ad where the womans kids are spraying tan on her in the bath tub? ... Must try that too lol :pac:

Advertisement