Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reviews of Trentuno in Castleknock.

Options
  • 09-01-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi everybody, i went here last nite- 8th od Dec. 09 with 5 other people and to put it mildly none of us were impressed!!! firstly as we all know it was -12 to -14 degrees out and this place was absolutley freezing the draught coming in under the double doors was so bad we had to be moved!. 20 euro for an average bottle of red wine-the food was very bland and average, 13 euro for a very average tasting portion of lasagne then 3.95 for a tiny bowl of chips aswell!! the bolognesse was even worse the mince was tastless and swimming in a pool of juice-water not good!!kids pizza with very little cheese on it i had better from M and S the other day!!! E19.40 for a bottle of manky red wine from chile!! seats were cramped tightly together aswell toilets like a cold storage fridge!!!! it was overall very poor and not worth the grand total of E224 for 5 adults and 1 child. has anybody got any opinions of this place i would love to hear them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A good pizza should have very little cheese.
    Nothing worse than an over laden soggy pizza!

Every thing else sound pretty poor, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I went there awhile ago and it was gorgeous but the previous visit wasn't so great. Bit hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

I've eaten in the Cabinteely one and it was absolutely dreadful. An italian restaurant that can't get pasta right:eek:...soggy overpriced food in trying-to-be-trendy surroundings...never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I've eaten in the Cabinteely one and it was absolutely dreadful. An italian restaurant that can't get pasta right:eek:...soggy overpriced food in trying-to-be-trendy surroundings...never again.

+1.

My parents adored it when they first set up and my mother still loves to go there. Can't imagine why: the food is middling at best, and the service is often comically rude. The fact that the manager berates his staff in full view and earshot of the customers is also a major downer. Doubt it's long before they close up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I like it.

Have been many times.

Good food. Good price. Relaxed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement