Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!!!

• 09-01-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭

I parked outside apartment in a space you've to drive into.. some w*nker in a huge merc thought it was fine to park on yellow lines behind me..

Normally I'd be fine getting the car out but because it's so incredibly icy, my car was skidding so I can't get out. Problem is that the space I was parked in, has a kerb you've to get onto to park. The back wheels are spinning when I try to drive straight back in. My car is now half way out of the spot so I look like the a** in this situation.

The car parked next to me won't be able to get out now because of me :(

Suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Can you post a picture of this...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Phone the council parking dept and get the wanker towed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

EHHH..call the Gardai...;)

Or leave a message on his bonnet with a nail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Put boiling hot water on the ground, you have less than 5 mins to get out before it all freezes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Is there a bit of old carpet lying around, if so get it under front wheels for traction.
    if you can get sand or any kind of grit scatter it around and that should give you traction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Can you push it back in? since it's on ice. Or have i miss read your post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Put boiling hot water on the ground, you have less than 5 mins to get out before it all freezes.

That'll be nice when she pulls in again tonight..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

That'll be nice when she pulls in again tonight..:eek:

She never mentioned wanting to get it back in again :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ring the gardai and tell them theres somebody parked illegally and you cant get out of your parking spot!

or have you any idea what apartment the Merc is belonging to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ring the Council if it'spublic land or if the complex has a clamping company give them a shout. If they can tow it well and good , if not at least cost the prick a few quid in release fees while your stuck anyway.

If it's private land I assume this counts as blocking a drive way and the Gards can get involved possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

...........Problem is that the space I was parked in, has a kerb you've to get onto to park..........

Suggestions??

Is it just me or does this sound strange??
    If it's a kerb as in a step you're not supposed to go up on it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

Is it just me or does this sound strange??
    If it's a kerb as in a step you're not supposed to go up on it!!

It's not a kerb like a step, more like raised a few inches but there's a huge wedge of ice preventing cars from driving into their spots..

I took my boyfriend's car and had the d*ck clamped... if he needs his car over the weekend he'll be charged €120 for the pleasure of having the clamp removed!!! :P

Advertisement