Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get the max from my wirless, hardware etc.

• 09-01-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm on the new UPC 30mb package. and I want to get the max from it. I'll go ahead and explain the setup I have.

Our internet comes through the upc box into the Netgear wrg2000 router downstairs by the telly.

I am located upstairs. As is my fathers pc. So we have wiresless usb adaptors.

I use a linksys Wireless G one, he uses a netgear one that UPC supplied.

I know wireless isnt the greatest option but I see very little choice in the matter, I have to run wirless. As it is its fine, I am happy. But I want to get the most of the line I'm paying for.

So I'm here for help.

What hardware etc should I look at the get the optimum from my line.

And please no replies about how wireless fails etc etc, I'm using it for years and know its drawbacks but it works fine for me.

Advertisement