Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WNWIM agreement?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Very simply, a vote regarding the type of WNWIM agreement we will have in place for the next competition. Most votes wins, poll closes in a fortnight.

What type of WNWIN agreement, if any, should we have in place. 12 votes

Binding WNWIM agreement for all games i.e. both playoff and league matches.
    0%
    Binding WNWIM agreement for league matches only.
    58%
    Oriziojohnnysmackcornyjprendercrisco10frmanJohnButler 7 votes
    System stays the same, no binding WNWIM agreements beyond what managers agree amonst themselves.
    41%
    suppaflyMarVeLsatoryOisinjmdaveharnett 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    Very simply, a vote regarding the type of WNWIM agreement we will have in place for the next competition. Most votes wins, poll closes in a fortnight.

question before I vote, in the current arrangement when you make a deal for WNWIM is there any system for if one does not honour? Just wondering as it is an unofficial part of the tournament I presume there are no repercussions (other than been known as a cock!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I voted to leave it as it is. I think its more interesting as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

ajeffares wrote: »
    I voted to leave it as it is. I think its more interesting as it is

Me too, I have to say I wouldn't be happy with "having" to agree to WNWIM for the league. I made an agreement this year with the other 2 boardsies in my league but I'd still want the choice.

I'd agree to a binding WNWIM for the pool stages of the Cup but for teams who have nothing left to play for by the time it gets to the knockout stages I think they should be able to LTNT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

System stays the same, no binding WNWIM agreements beyond what managers agree amonst themselves.
    Me too, I have to say I wouldn't be happy with "having" to agree to WNWIM for the league. I made an agreement this year with the other 2 boardsies in my league but I'd still want the choice.

I'd agree to a binding WNWIM for the pool stages of the Cup but for teams who have nothing left to play for by the time it gets to the knockout stages I think they should be able to LTNT.
    I'm pretty the 'league' in the poll refers to the league/pool stages of the boards cup only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I thought it was pretty obvious that the WNWIM agreement refers to the league part of the ie boards Blackout Cup. ;)

• Advertisement

I'm pretty the 'league' in the poll refers to the league/pool stages of the boards cup only.

Lol, Did you just have to say it?

[EMAIL="Doh@me"]Doh@me[/EMAIL]....
    I'm pretty

Also pictures or gtfo :D

Also pictures or gtfo :D

Hey, Hey, you two! Pm. The rest of us don't need to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'm pretty. The 'league' in the poll refers to the league/pool stages of the boards cup only.
    Fixed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Went for keeping it as is, I would be in favour of binding WNWIM but i can see the viewpoint that lower division teams might want something to play for and levels things a bit.

So in interests of fairness i choose keeping as is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I voted for keep it as it is, though it would be nice for some sort of system for WNWIM agreements between managers, some sort of penalty for breaking an agreement and some sort of timing issue (eg. it should be agreed two days before the match or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I originally went for a WNWIM binding for the league games, as I thought that I'd have a good chance against other teams, but I never actually thought it through.

I cant change my vote now but I would prefer keeping it as it is.

When does the vote end?

EDIT: Doh, see it at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Regarding this whole keep it fair for the weaker teams thing, I think myself and Dave can adjust the system enough to keep the weak teams away from the stronger teams, in the league at least. I wouldn't worry about that factor whilst voting.

MMII, do you want to change your vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I've changed my mind from what I said in the other thread discussing this and voted to keep things the same.

If someone doesn't want to wnwim (as judging by the votes there are a few) than I don't think they should have to. Its all about priorities and some teams that have little to play for in the league and are out of the national cup might feel like giving the boards cup a go and fair play to 'em.

I'll probably try to get individual agreements with at least a couple of teams in my group anyway so it wont be too much of an issue however the vote goes.

If I was changing my mind, I'd go for the middle option of WNWIM for league/pool matches only so happy to leave it as is, thanks Orizio.

Advertisement