Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Persona Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah, 12th shadow down. Did a bit of grinding last night to get Yukari Mediarama and it was a cakewalk.

Although I am now having trouble with the Knights on floor 146 like you guys said.

I fI can take one of them out I will be fine - I think I might try to rush kill one of them next time.

You know one of the most ****-cool things ab out this game is when you are fighting other Persona users. The little face close ups are well done.

The Strega boss music in the game is sweet too.

What a song. Almost made me enjoy having to fight Strega about 5 times cos the 12th shadow kept kicking my A-Hole.

crap i only have a month to finish tartarus from floor 180

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The last section should fly in. I ended up killing multiple bosses each night by that stage. So don't get too stressed! Almost there!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The last section should fly in. I ended up killing multiple bosses each night by that stage. So don't get too stressed! Almost there!

Boss on 180 is murdering me.

Some of the later bosses in P3 seem a little cheap. I mean, bar SERIOUS (and I mean serious) overlevelling all my web searches say the only way to beat this one is have a persona immune to Strike and Slash, having to watch your other teammates die off, and then just press triangle and come back in half an hour.

Now, unless there is another way to do it then that is retarded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually that's how I did it. I left everyone out of my part, used abaddon and wore a ring that gave me immunity to lightning, took a good 15 to 20 minutes to beat. However it was more than doable. After that none of the other bosses gave me much trouble. If you want to power level I'd advise you to take on the reaper. He is extremely tough though, you'll need someone to give you status buffs, I think akihiko and a lot of luck. However there are some sneaky ways to beat him. Killing him gives you access to Monad which well level you through the roof in no time.

Actually that's how I did it. I left everyone out of my part, used abaddon and wore a ring that gave me immunity to lightning, took a good 15 to 20 minutes to beat. However it was more than doable. After that none of the other bosses gave me much trouble. If you want to power level I'd advise you to take on the reaper. He is extremely tough though, you'll need someone to give you status buffs, I think akihiko and a lot of luck. However there are some sneaky ways to beat him. Killing him gives you access to Monad which well level you through the roof in no time.

I think you are mixing it up with the previous boss fight.

On floor 180 its these really strong guys who use slash alot and strike sometimes - no thunder though.

The only viable strategy is to have a Persona immune to Slash and just fight on your own (teammates can't be saved). Problem is that they throw in a few strikes every now and again that kills you. I looked up what I need to get a Persona that will have some strength to Strikes as well as slash and it says I need to level up another bloody 3 levels just for it to be possible.

Its just really really cheap - no strategy whatsoever.

Looked up the fight on youtube, don't remember having trouble with it but I think I might have gotten really flukey in it. I am mixing it up with another boss fight. My suggestionis to just do it the long way and fuse a persona with the appropriate physical resistences or go after the Reaper since Monad is a great place to shoot up levels in a minute or two. I was going to recommend the persona analyzer but it seems to be down, you'll have to try a fusion guide to get the right persona. Are you sure you can't fuse Abbaddon? He has the Null-All ability. A lot of the tougher bosses in the series are down to having the right persona and not being levelled up.

If I can fuse him, is it an ability? Or is it one of his characteristics?

I have three null slash personas but I need one that is also at LEAST strong to strike as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Been meaning to post this picture I snapped of some art display at the exchange art center place behind turks head. attachment.php?attachmentid=110483&stc=1&d=1271011097It's was only there for a short while months ago so no expeditions into the tv world...sorry.

Actually F that Retro. He is null slash and strike by level 75 accroding to

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/index.php/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Persona_3_-_PS2/Persona_List

Thats 20 levels away. No way am I grinding for that.

Haha! Didn't know you where that far away! Trust me, the other boss I'm talking about you'll need him but for now you will have to get another persona.

Check out Youtube videos, the one I checked earlier to see what boss it was had a player use a null slash and strike persona, try and find what persona the peole on youtube use and try to fuse it. That'sthe only advise I can get. I seriously think I fluked this battle myself and got 3 knock downs in a row and destroyed them.

Haha! Didn't know you where that far away! Trust me, the other boss I'm talking about you'll need him but for now you will have to get another persona.

Check out Youtube videos, the one I checked earlier to see what boss it was had a player use a null slash and strike persona, try and find what persona the peole on youtube use and try to fuse it. That'sthe only advise I can get. I seriously think I fluked this battle myself and got 3 knock downs in a row and destroyed them.

I tried it with a null-slash Persona yesterday and threw on a accessory that helps dodge strike every so often.

I put gloves on with a high crit rate and just lowered defence and attacked. It was going okay after 20 minutes I nearly had the first guy killed. It is annoying because if one of them knocks you down then they use their second turn to heal the and that sets you back 3 moves.

When there was only two left, they did two strike attakcs in a row and there was nothing I could do. I think I am going to level up to 58 (from 56) and then I think I can fuse someone called Chernoborg. He is null slash *so no upgrade in itself) but I think he can be used as a part of a greater fusion.

EDIT: How on earth were you level 75 + at this stage without constant grinding Retro?

I definitely wasn't level 75 at that stage. I thought you were at a later boss where I used Abaddon. I forgot how I killed that boss but I think I had one that had null slash and null strike abilities which made it easier. There must be a persona that has both. I'd check to see what you have, see if a persona has immunity to strike or slash ans has a null strike or slash ability to back it up. Might be easier than grinding. you'll need both because I find you can't trust an ability unless it's 100% nullifying. Could be a long shot as well to use charm and a persona with the charm boost skill? Probably won't work but if it does it will lessen the beating. Those bosses that are mainly physical are always the toughest in the persona games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

P3P walkthrough.

Most know how the game works but you get to see what the PSP version looks like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Interesting to see some of the changes made. The reigned in 'exploration' interface actually seems to speed up the process of day-to-day activities quite a bit, which is nice, like the fast travel menu did in 4. One of the minor annoyances with the games was simply the travel time required to get an item from one place to the next for a subquest, for example.

Slightly O/T, but the PSP is certainly one of the strongest RPG consoles these days. With great ports of the Persona series (note to self: get back to Persona 1 :pac:), Disgaea and FF: Tactics, as well as original stuff like the brilliant Half-Minute Hero - seriously, try this game for some compelling satire and well-developed gameplay - it's getting up there with the DS.

Add the excellent and overlooked Jeanne D'Arc, Brave Story, Valkyrie Profile, Breath of Fire 3, Tales of Eternia etc.

I really need to start playing my PSP more. I'm stuck in the middle of MGS PO which is a chore to play and want to be done with it to play some PSP RPGs because they really suit the system.

I am currently beating thos T$^&$&$^%*$&£%&£$%&£ on Floor 180.

Take that you ****ers, I am invincible - you can't touch me!

Finally, Had to grind like an absolute bitch to get to level 58 using the floors 170-179 (**** all EXP) just to get to level 58 to fuse Chernoberg or whatever he is called.

Then I was able to fuse him with a lowly Naga to get a Rangda which has null slash AND repel strike. Now I am just sitting here watching the stupidest boss battle in existence (honestly, I hope someone at Atlus got a talking to for this, a serious gamebreaker IMO) with one character on automatic and the others rendered pointless.

Just entered the 6th block. The three bosses since Floor 180 have been cakewalks.

• Advertisement

Well I think only 1 boss gave me serious trouble but I probably would have had more trouble if I didn't kill the reaper and get to Monad near the end (Reaper fight is a ****er if you do go for it later. Some advice, debuffs to his defense and offense and buffs to your defense are pretty much essential. Either that or use some of the sneaky ways to beat it).

Yeah you keep mentionsing the buffs and debuffs but who doesn't use a weaken defense move in a boss fight?

I mean if nothing else it will decrease the amount of attacking turns you have to do by around 25% even if you can easily take said boss?

I am only level 62 at the moment but as I say, I am having no problems once that cheap, stupid, retarded boss on floor 180 was done (may actually have broken the game a little for me, I had to grind to be at a level to create the relevant persona with null strike/slash and now I feel too strong).

What level were you when you challenged the reaper?

Well lets just say debuffing offense of the reaper and buffing your defense are ridiculously important when taking on the reaper. It's the difference between being at full health and having one of his attacks wipe out your entire party or surviving it with **** all health.

Not sure what level I was at but think it was the high 60's but I could be wrong. I got him down to a sliver of health after a battle that took more than 30 minutes and the ****er got me with a fluke when he used his strongest attack after my defense buff went down. Was really pissed off so used a cheap method to kill him after that. If you can't survive his megidoloan then don't bother because it will kill everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I'm near the end of P4. Man, that tweeest near the end is pretty dumb
    It was the petrol attendant all along! dum dum duuuuum
    And I was enjoying the DeathNote/ScoobyDoo-hybrid story up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Well, I've just finished Persona 3: The Journey (first playthrough) with best ending. I maxed all social links except Empress (1), Priestess (NA), Lovers (NA), Aeon (9), Star (8) and Temperance (6). I was disappointed not maxing Star in order to fuse Helel. My main party was Misturo, Ken and Aigis:
    losing Shinji was a bitch
    . I leveled up to 90 (Monad you beauty) and Messiah was my highest-leveled persona at 95. And I don't fear the reaper.

I didn't feel anything towards the story as I did with Persona 4. The detective Murder She Wrote style story of 4 masked the insipid and sentimental interactions and sub-plots. The amount of clicks to shift through menus et cetera really hurts the game, too.

I think I'll take a year break before playing The Answer to the end, after finishing Persona 3 and 4 back-to-back.

I'm not sure the Answer is worth it. It's very tough but artificially so. The most annoying thing is that there's no save points before the boss and the normal enemies are so tough that by the time you get to the boss you have no chance to take him on. So you end up grinding until you have decent levels and them running through 15 or so floors avoiding enemies so you can take on the boss. I gave up with it after the HG101 guys told me it wasn't worth playing through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

An hour of the Answer was enough for me, alas. It was slightly crushing to have the characters I'd spent 70+ hours working on suddenly reduced to low level ones, and having to rework all the Persona crafting I'd done. Then when I step foot inside the dungeon to be greeted by ludicrously tough battles I felt enough. It is one of the best games I've ever played, but I didn't think another 30 hours without many of the things that made the game so great was appealing.

So I started Persona 4, which I was glad to discover was even better than 3. Actually, I should finish the 'true ending' at some point, I saved just before the final final dungeon but got distracted by Uncharted 2 if I remember correctly.

The day Persona 5 is announced cannot come soon enough.

Just started back into persona 4 during the week after a break. Going from P3 to P4 straight away was a bit of a mistake but now that I'm back I'm horribly addicted again. I love this series. Enough, I'm off to find the culprit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I had a look at P3P and it seemed like a pretty soulless experience. Not a fan of the graphic novel interface.

The only thing that really compels me to play these games is how quirky they are. Persona doesn't really have much going for it other than its charm.

It's just not Persona if you can't see little animations like (for example) Chie kicking Yosuke in the nads or Akihiko being a smooth mofo when he struts about. It's just a grinding game.

• Advertisement

I think Persona has a lot more going for it than charm. The battle system is superb and works well with the dungeon crawling since you have to choose between pushing yourself to the next save point or giving up.

But it really does have a lot of charm. There's been a few laugh out loud moments and just there I was reading one of the books in P4. The description was something like 'it's about a girl starting in a new school and there are vampires involved. It's one of the worst written books you've ever ready', an obvious pisstake of Twilight.

Advertisement