Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Anyone Selling Property In Maynooth

Options
  • 09-01-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Folks just wanted to mention to anyone selling a house in the Maynooth area that there are a middle age couple making offers on houses and then withdrawing their offer at the last minute.

They spend about 40 minutes in the house and seem so keen to purchase they make an appointment for a second viewing a week or so later; a day or so after that they make an offer; while your breathing a sigh of relief you’ve found a buyer these two then can’t be contacted by the auctioneer. Then a day or so after that their solicitor rings the auctioneer back and withdraws the offer on their behalf.

Obviously anyone can withdraw from purchasing but these two seem to be making a habit of it.

Just thought I’d mention it in case anyone gets their hopes up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

LauranceB wrote: »
    Folks just wanted to mention to anyone selling a house in the Maynooth area that there are a middle age couple making offers on houses and then withdrawing their offer at the last minute.

They spend about 40 minutes in the house and seem so keen to purchase they make an appointment for a second viewing a week or so later; a day or so after that they make an offer; while your breathing a sigh of relief you’ve found a buyer these two then can’t be contacted by the auctioneer. Then a day or so after that their solicitor rings the auctioneer back and withdraws the offer on their behalf.

Obviously anyone can withdraw from purchasing but these two seem to be making a habit of it.

Just thought I’d mention it in case anyone gets their hopes up.

That's odd, have they done it many times? All the Auctioneers locally should be made aware of their details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

slightly confused, why would they bother doing this???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LauranceB

It seems one of the auctioneers in the area knows these two but doesn't take them seriously but auctioneers outside the area (who don't know them) have been caught.

I've spoken to three people so far who've been caught by them.

I haven't a clue what their playing at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Timewasters

Best to tell all the local estate agents. Well estate agents talk to each other so this story won't take long to get around the local firms.
    They don't want their time wasted and won't be long in getting off this couple.

Advertisement