Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD closed Monday 11th

Options
  • 09-01-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

There are rumours of the non opening of UCD on Monday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

from http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0109/live_weather_transport_updates_saturday.html
    2.30pm UCD has closed the campuses at Belfield and Blackrock until Tuesday 12 January. The campuses will be closed to vehicular access and external visitors from 2pm (Belfield) and 5pm (Blackrock), today.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

anyone have any photos of the campus?

I'd imagine it's something similar to this and this

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭noelfirl

I was in around the O'Reilly car park and Vet/Science area earlier this afternoon, there's a hefty cover of snow and minimal salting and gritting has been done to the paths, but it doesn't seem that much worse then recent days, but I suppose better safe then sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

stop wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's something similar to this and this

Its actually even worse, those photos are a few days old. The entire lake is frozen apart from about a 2m radius around the fountains, its like a big duck roundabout :pac:

Place was reasonably well gritted on friday, was fine for me but obviously they're expecting very bad weather over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

This is an exam-marking week and academic staff who need to collect papers from the campus will be able to access buildings by contacting the First Response Centre at Belfield House on 7161200.

I like this bit. If you are on the academic staff they basically lock you out of your workplace, but you are still supposed to go in and get work and bring it home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ohgod...i know laziness is my own fault...but the weather is keeping me away from the library :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Staff have been asked not to enter the campus except for essential academic activity

Does such a thing exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Its actually even worse, those photos are a few days old.
    They're a bit older than that, they're from the last snowfall in February last year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

my friend was up in dublin yesterday and heard on the radio that all the pipes in the accom were frozen :( hopefully it'll be fine again for when I get back on thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Are we supposed to start back the 11th or the 18th?

as per http://www.ucd.ie/students/keydates.htm classes resume on the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Nuh uh I'm in Merville...no frozen pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Nuh uh I'm in Merville...no frozen pipes.

what house number?! best news I've heard all day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Tom65 wrote: »
    Does such a thing exist?

I'd imagine there's a good few engineering & science projects that need continuous monitoring and such.

10012010swan.jpg
    10012010swans.jpg10012010conc.jpg
    10012010pitch.jpg
    10012010eng.jpg
    10012010track.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

From the latest UCD Groupthink:

"all campus roads are now clear due to excellent work by the UCD Buildings and Services team"

Translation:

They sat there drinking biscuits watching the thaw on the CCTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Red Alert wrote: »
    From the latest UCD Groupthink:

"all campus roads are now clear due to excellent work by the UCD Buildings and Services team"

Translation:

They sat there drinking biscuits watching the thaw on the CCTV

Drinking biscuits?

House 8! No frozen pipes, no ice, there was lots of snow on Sunday but that's all gone. Now it's just REALLY cold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement