Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to bring speaker wires around an apt

• 09-01-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I will prob be moving apartments in a few weeks. Currently my tv is set up in a standard square room. tv in the corner, speaker wires trailed around the edge of the room to the satellite speakers.

In the new place has an L shaped living room. this means that at least one speaker wire will have to be brought across the floor( or be brought a very long distance around the edges of the room.

As i cannot bore through walls or the roof, lift the floorboards or do any mods to the apartment, can you advise how i can tidily bring the cables accross the floor(or roof). or even if i have to bring them the whole way around the edge of the room. is there anything i can get to cover over the wires so they are not so visible and unsightly? something that can be just stuck over them so they are out of sight.

EDIT:These may be useful, but cant find them in ireland:
    http://cableorganizer.com/surface-raceways/cornerduct.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

any half decent diy shop will have conduit like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Any electrical whole salers will sell you very small sticky back trunking. Ask for the stuff that is used for alarm wires, its about €3 / 8 foot length.

If its only speaker cable you might be able to tuck it in between the carpet + skirting board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

B&Q stock this , Ive also seen it in Woodies and also in Currys , though Currys are a little overoptimistic as to what the stuff should retail at.

http://www.d-line.co.uk/

It comes in all shapes and sizes , bring a piece of cable with you so that you know it will fit inside the one you choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

If its only speaker cable you might be able to tuck it in between the carpet + skirting board.

That's the usual method... it works even better if you use 'flat' or 'ribbon' speaker cable. It's generally a little dearer than bog-standard cable but it's also a lot better. Cloney Audio stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

if it has wooden floor and beading installed - you can take up the beading and run the cables around the room between the floor and wall gap, then put the beading back dow. perfect for hidden cables, but you do have to use a fine spkr cable - i used a .75sq 96strand ofc cable

• Advertisement
Advertisement