Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipping Pizza Deliveries

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

JustMary wrote: »
    My approach:

Buy a bag of pita pockets from the supermarket (less than E1 for six, three each is enough for dinner).

Brown slightly under the grill, while mixing together a dollop of tomato paste, olive oil, pine-nuts, garlic, herbs ... any other flavours desired.

Brush breads with most of the paste-mix.

Cover with the desired topping. I usually use thin sliced of red pepper around the edges to hold the filling in, diced spinach (ok, this is messy & fiddly), crumbled feta cheese, mushrooms, and other leftover veggies we have ... top the lot with grated cheese ... grill for a bit.

No kneading, no tipping, far less mess!

-sounds good :) , but pizza is pizza and home made pizza is ...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

surime wrote: »
    -sounds good :) , but pizza is pizza and home made pizza is ...... :)

Homemade stuff is preferable if I can, but reasons for ordering pizza:
    1. Too tired to cook
    2. No ingredients in house and too tired to go out/no car
    3. Time - Bianchonis are speedy for delivery. Homemade takes
    time!
    4. I *rarely* order cr*p cheapo pizza, I make other food, but the place I DO
    order from (and I don't work for them guys! ;) ) are at least two time
    winners of the world pizza championships, and have excellent ingredients
    and really good pizza ovens. Having a little bit of all the ingredients we'd
    like on two different pizzas would not be cost-practical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

inisboffin wrote: »
    Homemade stuff is preferable if I can, but reasons for ordering pizza:
    1. Too tired to cook
    2. No ingredients in house and too tired to go out/no car
    3. Time - Bianchonis are speedy for delivery. Homemade takes
    time!
    4. I *rarely* order cr*p cheapo pizza, I make other food, but the place I DO
    order from (and I don't work for them guys! ;) ) are at least two time
    winners of the world pizza championships, and have excellent ingredients
    and really good pizza ovens. Having a little bit of all the ingredients we'd
    like on two different pizzas would not be cost-practical.

-ok, what is it again? Phone number please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

regardless of what or how the delivery persons job is or whatever waste of time arguement anyone can give NOT to pay a tip is just an excuse to be tight, give them 2 euro and they walk away happy. ITS 2 EURO. If someone came up to me in the street and asked me for 2 euro id give it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Get the Chiago Town peperroni with the filled crust in the local supermarket and rip off delivery pizzas will be a thing of the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭quotaj

inisboffin wrote: »
    €1-2 depending how broke I am. If we are really scraping the pennies together then I'd apologize..but usually would try to figure in tip.

If you're actually broke you wouldn't be getting pizza delivered!!! They're an absolute luxury at the price they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Tipping is American nonsense.

Don't encourage it.

The only people who indulge in it,
    are those who like to puff up their ego,
    and think they are living in the states.

quotaj wrote: »
    If you're actually broke you wouldn't be getting pizza delivered!!! They're an absolute luxury at the price they charge.

I already mentioned that they were pricier than the generic ones, but that if you have one of their coupons (and they are quite generous with them), that they are the same as loads of the ultra cheapo ones.

Broke is a relative term. I was thinking if I was down to my last fiver and splitting a pizza.:rolleyes:
    You'd be amazed the amount of people you hear saying they are broke, and sitting over their 'last pint' (same price)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Tipped a guy 5 notes yesterday cuz he drove up a snowy hill to deliver pizza to a very hungry man!!

surime wrote: »
    -ok, what is it again? Phone number please ;)

Posted it already, but here's a link to their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

I would have to agree on the recommended pizza place and their level of service. As for tipping, as some others have said if you can afford some of the rip off prices charged then a small tip should not be beyond you, it's a personal choice of course but these people are hardly cleaning up from their wages and tips and when there is no delivery charge then at least you should consider giving it to the driver. Don't forget most Chinese restaurants/take aways charge for delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

T-Square wrote: »
    Tipping is American nonsense.

Don't encourage it.

The only people who indulge in it,
    are those who like to puff up their ego,
    and think they are living in the states.

Does the T stand for Tightarse?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Do people tip pizza delivery drivers in Galway. Sometimes I let them keep the change but last week I got a pizza off a very unfriendly driver so I gave him nothing extra. He didnt even say thanks to me for paying for the overpriced pizza! just walked off

I used to know a guy who delivered pizzas, and he was struggling ...he said it's painfull depending on tips to make a living, and very degrading waiting for a tip, so from then on I always made sure i tipped delivery guys/girls....however rudeness would be factor in my tipping and blatent rudeness definitely does not deserve a tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Fracture wrote: »
    If someone came up to me in the street and asked me for 2 euro id give it to them.

Well, they do say that a fool and their money are easily parted.

Can I interest you in some magic beans, sir? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Well, they do say that a fool and their money are easily parted.

Can I interest you in some magic beans, sir? :pac:

lol, what i mean is, if a man is stuck for a euro or two ill give it to him. I bought those bloody beans in the past and they didnt work!! :P

Advertisement