Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicked Campers off the road - good riddance.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

603304529 wrote: »

If only they put as much effort into servicing the vans as they did into putty witty slogans on the back.

I know someone who drove one and he said he put as much oil as he did petrol into the pile of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i had one and it was grand. not a bother on the thing. musta just been lucky!
    we got 3 vans altogether at the same time and the other two werent great tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 buggyrider

Found this song 'Wicked Camper Blues' by a guy called Rob Imeson and I think it sums up what a lot of people have thought about Wicked Vans...

http://www.triplejunearthed.com/artists/view.aspx?artistid=32343

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The_B_Man wrote: »
    i had one and it was grand. not a bother on the thing. musta just been lucky!
    we got 3 vans altogether at the same time and the other two werent great tho.

You must of got the 3 out of the 4 that passed the roadworthy test.:D

Doesn't inspire great confidence in the company

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

haha ye we must have. The Pacman one wasnt great though, and now that i think of it, our tyres were pretty bald and the van always veered to the left until we pumped the tyres up evenly. good bit of power in our one tho. we used to floor it when takin off and there'd always be a bit of wheel spin. the other 2 hadnt enough welly to do a wheelspin, even on gravel. Pacman always had hassles gettin up hills too! lol and there was that time in Nimbin the sliding door at the side fell off when i leant on it! that was gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

We had a great time in ours. But we were also lucky and had one of the newer vehicles. Saw some shabby ones about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Our one revved so high when idling that you didnt need to use the accelerator when taking off.

Just release the clutch and your away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I dunno' Cheapo car rental is just that, the Rental of Cheapo cars, people generally know what to expect with a Wicked van.

As an Aside I used to know the guy who painted a lot of the vans

Advertisement