Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Converting a lwb base passanger jeep to a crew cab?

• 09-01-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi All

I require lwb jeep for work something like a landcruiser or pajero sport. I need four seats and a pick up is not an option. How can I legally convert a lwb passanger jeep to a four seater commercial with work space in the back?

I know people do this illegally but thats not my thing. How can I legally do a commercial 4/5 seater con? I need it for construction, to claim back the VAT on diesel and avail of the commercial tax.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can't. they've changed the VRT regulations. it was possible to do in the past, vehicles like the Land Cruiser VX100 (with a dropped floor conversion) and Kia Sedona had enough capacity behind the rear seats to qualify when it was a volume based system. now they've changed the regulations it's not possible..

It's still possible to pick up a Land Cruiser Vx with a conversion done but they're highly sought after due to their low tax.

Alternatively you could get a pickup with a canopy on the back.
    P8290048.JPG

You could also look at something like a VW Transporter Syncro crewcab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Blancy

dam that. Thanks for the reply though...do you know where the new rules are posted cant seem to find them? Not interested in a van, pick up is not a real option but it may just have to do

the Transporter Syncro is 4WD though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Blancy

definately not my thing though, considering a patrol 7 seater and removing the rear 2. Guess Im stuck with private tax though...thats some bull****

I suppose if you want a jeep with 5 seats it's not unreasonable to have to pay private motor tax.

What's your budget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Whats the problem? You need a vehicle with a cab to carry the crew. You need it to be commercial for tax purposes etc. Buy a crewcab surely!

Advertisement