Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Play-Pen: Insect Overlord/An File

Options
  • 09-01-2010 6:52pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen, Phlegms and Soccymosters, gather around, for I have a story to tell.

Once upon a time in a land far, far away, there was an internet forum called "Teen Ireland". There, amid the trolls and the spammers, lived a little boy named Tommy. He frolicked and played in the threads with all the other posters until one day, a terrible cloud descended on the forum. It was destroyed for eternity, and it's patrons were thrown out into the unknown and scary internet.

For 40 days and 40 nights, Tommy wandered the great plains of the internet, searching for a new home. He tried 4chan, but he couldn't figure out where to register. He tried Bebo, but he became dubious of the many girls with names like "Candy Socks" who kept asking him if he liked parties. He tried youtube, but the mean commenters made him cry.

One day, one faithful day, Tommy stumbled across a strange and busy site named boards.ie. "This doesn't look too bad" he thought to himself, brushing his long flowing hair, "let's have a look around". Tommy signed up as "An Fhile" and began to explore the huge and beautiful fields or boards.ie. He found many interesting forums and decided to stay.

For months An Fhile was happy to play and prance in the fields like after hours and soccer, but he and many others his age began to feel as though they were but children, forced to constantly play with, and by the rules of the scary adults. "If only there were a place where us Teens could hang out, like Teen Ireland, but without the barren-ness." he cried to himself.

Jay P pointed out that An Fhile was actually an incorrect spelling, and An Fhile became An File. This new name imbued him with power and strength, such as to tackle the admins head on. Then one historic day, he rallied his fellow teens and revolted against the grown-ups, battling for freedom and for a forum to call their own. The battle was fierce and many posters were banned, but in the end, An File planted a flag in a brand new field, a forum named Clearasil and Hormones.

An File was not disheartened that he was not given a ban hammer with which to rule over the kingdom, despite his pivotal role in that great battle, and he went on to become a regular and some would say legendary poster of C&H. One day, a group of ravid posters came upon one of the Mods, "JC2k3" and murdered him in cold blood. The posters in C&H cried for a fortnight before electing a new leader. That leader was An File, who went on to become Insect Overlord, the most wonderful and fluffy-bottomed mod in all the land.

So yeah, ask him your questions already!

Warning: this is dramatisation, by reading this you accept that D4RK ONION is not responsible for any lies in this story
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Pygmalion: Great poster, or the GREATEST poster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

If you cut a sandwich in half, do you have 2 sandwiches or 1 sandwich cut in half?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Boxers or briefs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Biscuit or Cake?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fad or D4RK ONION? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Pet peeves? :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fad wrote: »
    :eek:
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Is a jaffa cake a biscuit or a cake?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

You know how alot of forums have a "beers" night, have you ever organsied some form of entertainment for the C+H posters?**

Such as a night out bowling/cinema/something!

Plus what is your favourite colour of the rainbow?

**not talking about a boards beers for C+H as that would be illegal for some posters to attened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

That story needs more Trent tbh. :pac:

What made you start writing poetry?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

What happened to Teen Ireland?

How's life?

I hear you don't like your course, what don't you like about it?

Do you enjoy modding C&H?

Did you prefer C&H with over 50 views or the average 9/10 viewers?

What did you do yesterday?

What're you afraid of?

Was Onion right about you and Aoibheann? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Ever get writers block? Or do you only write poetry when inspiration strikes?

What IS a bird?

Black-Bird-Question-Mark.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

So I hear u liek mudkipz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

If you could change one thing about yourself,What would it be?

Should I stay or should I go ?

Worst county in Ireland?

Favourite Smiley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Favourite genre of music?

Favourite album?

What's your favourite property of Beruvium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Favourite song?

Do you believe in God?

If you were a superhero what would be your power?

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Favourite question so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

What is "teh sekrit forum"?

Do you believe in life after love? /sing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Pygmalion: Great poster, or the GREATEST poster?

Joint greatest beard, better than average poster :pac:
    phlegms wrote: »
    If you cut a sandwich in half, do you have 2 sandwiches or 1 sandwich cut in half?

1 sandwich cut in half :cool:
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Boxers or briefs?

The former. Most of the time... ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fad wrote: »
    Biscuit or Cake?

Biscuit. No, cake!
    D4RK ONION wrote: »

Who?!
    Pet peeves? :)

Radio advertising makes me feel like killing people with blunt instruments.
    So does most popular music, now that I think about. It's probably a good thing I've stopped listening to the radio...
    I'm sure I'll think of loads more annoying things later.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Is a jaffa cake a biscuit or a cake?

It's cake, but with biscuit-like properties.

Or is it the other way around..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

puppies or kitties

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    You know how alot of forums have a "beers" night, have you ever organsied some form of entertainment for the C+H posters?**

Such as a night out bowling/cinema/something!

**not talking about a boards beers for C+H as that would be illegal for some posters to attened

The only thing remotely like that I've put together would be threads like the C&H Photography thread and the Creative Arts thread. With everyone spread out over so many different parts of the country, organising meet-ups has been pretty difficult. We're hoping to go bowling/Q-Zar/something next weekend, but still haven't exactly decided yet :)
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Plus what is your favourite colour of the rainbow?

It's so hard to pick just one! But red was the first thing that came to mind, so I'll go with that.

I'll answer these two together.
    Jako8 wrote: »
    That story needs more Trent tbh. :pac:

What made you start writing poetry?

I wrote a poem when I was 13 or 14, just to get some things off my mind, folded up the piece of paper and hid it in my room. About a year later I got a funny idea to write a poem about an heroic goalkeeper, so I wrote that down too.
    Went into Transition Year when I was 16, and one of the modules we did was a poetry workshop. I dug out "The Goalkeeper", edited it and submitted it for assessment. Got 8/10 for it :rolleyes:
    At the end of TY we were supposed to submit an "end of year project", something we were supposed to spend months working on. I had nothing at all prepared, so I went to my room, found the two poems and typed them out, then spent 3 hours sitting at the computer making up 10 new poems off the top of my head. That's where it started :) (I ended up winning Project of the Year for it too :o )

Craguls wrote: »
    Ever get writers block? Or do you only write poetry when inspiration strikes?

I usually only write when the inspiration strikes. I'd love to set aside a set amount of time to write every day, but I don't have the self-discipline to get into it. I have gone through writers block a few times, and I usually end up writing about writers block to help get out of it :P

jumpguy wrote: »
    What happened to Teen Ireland? As far as I know, Bebo killed it. There was a dedicated core group of regular posters and about 200 lurkers/occasional posters. When Bebo first appeared it was a hell of a lot better than the farce it is now, and it stole the attention of the casual users. After a while, the Administrator couldn't afford to keep the site running for such little traffic, so it vanished forever.

How's life? Life's good at the moment :) Enjoying the holidays from college. Feeling guilty for being so lazy though.

I hear you don't like your course, what don't you like about it? It's not all bad, but in general I don't really feel suited to it. In the short-term, I can't stand some of the lecturers or their course-content. Longer term, I doubt I'm going to be a teacher for my whole life.

Do you enjoy modding C&H? Yes :)

Did you prefer C&H with over 50 views or the average 9/10 viewers? I've been blown away with the recent surge in popularity! It's keeping me a bit busier, but it's also brilliantly entertaining. Plus I'm getting to know people better, which is also a positive. Trying to keep up with all the late-night posting is the hardest part :pac:

What did you do yesterday? Slept until three o'clock, cooked dinner for the family, gave my dad a lift to work, bought the newspaper in Tesco and spent far too many hours on-line. Listened to a lot of music along the way too.

What're you afraid of? Heights. I can usually deal with most other things.

Was Onion right about you and Aoibheann? :PI did not have sexual relations with that woman!

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote: »
    What IS a bird?

Black-Bird-Question-Mark.jpg

Birds (class Aves) are winged, bipedal, endothermic (warm-blooded), vertebrate animals that lay eggs. There are around 10,000 living species, making them the most numerous tetrapod vertebrates. They inhabit ecosystems across the globe, from the Arctic to the Antarctic. Birds range in size from the 5 cm (2 in) Bee Hummingbird to the 3 m (10 ft) Ostrich. [wiki]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement