Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Play-Pen: Insect Overlord/An File

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

phlegms wrote: »
    So I hear u liek mudkipz?

Mudkips? I LUUUUUUUUUUUUVE MUDKIPS.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jako8 wrote: »

How does eat food? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Speaking of Bebo, what d'you think of social networking in general?

Why did you change your username?

You and the Onion all cool now?

Who would you say is most similiar to you on boards?

Most dangerous/extreme thing you've ever done?

One unforgettable experience you've had?

Are you interested in current affairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Do you ever write anything other than poetry (blogs don't count :pac:)? If not, any reason why not?

Do you think anyone can learn to write well or do you think you it's something you either have or you don't?

If, for some reason, you couldn't write any more (I don't know, you have no hands/poetry part of the brain is gone.. *shrugs* :P), would you take up something else to make up for it or would it drive you mad?

Favourite United player?

What irritates you most about society? (robbed from someone who asked me the same when I was in the Noclight)

If you could change one thing about yourself,What would it be? Either to be more comfortable talking as part of a group of people, or to get depressed less easily

Should I stay or should I go ? If you go there will be trouble, but if you stay there will be double. Best bet? Hide!

Worst county in Ireland? They're all good and bad. The person I hate most at the moment lives in Cork, so I'll go with that until they return to County Clare...

Favourite Smiley? This cool guy :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

when and why will the world end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Why do you hate mainstream music?

Craguls wrote: »
    Favourite genre of music?

Favourite album?

What's your favourite property of Beruvium?

Does "good music" count as a genre..? :D I could never narrow myself down to just one favourite. I'd listen to so much from so many genres that picking one is impossible.

Favourite album would be another tough call. Most things by BellX1, MUSE, Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan are well worth listening to from start to finish.

My favourite property of Beruvium would be that it cannot be found on Google :pac:

Favourite song?

Do you believe in God?

If you were a superhero what would be your power?

Do you believe in ghosts?

Today, my favourite song is "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons.
    There's a good chance it'll be something completely different by this time tomorrw :)

Not really.

Flight would be awesome. Not very original, but still! That said, I've always wondered what it would be like to be Wolverine...

Used to believe in ghosts when I was younger, don't believe in them any more though.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

C&H, Creative Writing, Limerick City, Soccer and 3 private forums.

Favourite one would have to be CW. I miss the old Feedback! :(

Pretty much fluent in Gaeilge.
    I had fairly decent French for the Leaving Cert, and I can still usually make sense of it when I try to read it, but I'd never be able to hold a conversation in French any more.

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Favourite question so far?

This one tbh...
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    What is "teh sekrit forum"?

Do you believe in life after love? /sing

There many secret forums, some of them so secret that even I don't know about them! :eek:

Yes. But only because I believe it's possible to fall in love more than once.
    I also believe that Cher would have done us all a great favour by not releasing that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is your favourite colour?

What is the capital of Assyria?

puppies or kitties

Tough question! They're both pretty cute... I'll say kitties because of all the wonderful funny posters they've lent themselves to :D
    when and why will the world end?

Google "Maya 2012"...

>_>

<_<
    Why do you hate mainstream music?

Most of it is lazy, formulaic, paint by numbers rubbish that's only written, produced and performed to make money. A lack of genuine creativity/originality has always been present in most "chart" music though, it's not something entirely new. Things get really annoying when people like Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh pretend the crap they're peddling is new and innovative, when it really is anything but.

Stev_o wrote: »
    What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European? :D

jumpguy wrote: »
    Speaking of Bebo, what d'you think of social networking in general?

Why did you change your username?

You and the Onion all cool now?

Who would you say is most similiar to you on boards?

Most dangerous/extreme thing you've ever done?

One unforgettable experience you've had?

Are you interested in current affairs?

Social networking: brilliant in theory, brutal in practice. All the quizzes, applications and silly things keep getting in the way.

I'd been thinking of changing it for a while, and when I found out I could customise my avatar the idea of taking on a funny name was too good to miss :D

Yes, I think so. He did give me the most awesome introduction ever, to be fair.

Most similar to me? I have no idea. I've only recently started to get to know other people a bit better. If you know anyone else who's as closely interested in sports, music, writing, reading, performing, debating and laughing at stupid stuff as I am, there's your answer.

One of my best friends has a girlfriend who hangs around with us a lot. A few weeks ago she got the whole gang to give out to me for not doing enough extreme/dangerous stuff. Feel free to suggest some good/wild ideas for me!

Just one? Okay... I got to represent Mary I at a creative weekend for young teachers in training back in December 2008. It switches between Northern Ireland and the Republic every year, and that year it was held in Carran in the Burren. We went on a hike up to an ancient ring-fort that was built along the edge of an in-land cliff. The weather was absolutely brutal, rain and wind and sleet, but when we got to the top of the hill there was a perfect rainbow arching right out of the middle of the valley beyond the cliff's edge.
    Beautiful isn't a strong enough word to describe it.

I'd be fairly interested in current affairs, but because of Boards I usually get bored of the news before it even makes it onto the Six One on RTÉ...

One of my best friends has a girlfriend who hangs around with us a lot. A few weeks ago she got the whole gang to give out to me for not doing enough extreme/dangerous stuff. Feel free to suggest some good/wild ideas for me!
    Lots of water sports that involve being attached to a boat are pretty exciting and a good start. Banana boats is a popular one, wakeboarding, water-skiing.

Paintball, while not extreme and only very mildly dangerous, is meant to be alot of fun and might shut them up. :P

Off-roading (but you need a landrover) or mountain biking is pretty cool, and don't involve heights, and is relatively cheap and you might even make a hobby out of it (all you need is a mountain bike.)

FFS...this weather won't be here again for years, convince your friends to go on the quiet country roads, or the countryside, or wherever and go sledding! I know you're a *tad* older than me, but tbh, I don't think I'd give a ****e if I was 20-something!

Mountain climbing is great, try climbing Carauntoohill some day this summer (but get a guide or somebody experienced to go with you).

There's ordinary skiing too, but you need snowy slopes!

Skydiving is something I wanted to do for my 16th, but the parents won't let me (so it's on the 18th now...if I have enough money!) BTW, I have a fear of heights too, but love the adrenaline!

Bungee jumping is the cheaper option and some argue for me I'd imagine it's even more nerve-wracking. Mainly because you have no parachute, only a bungee rope, and you gotta jump...alone!

Para-gliding is another one...except it combines both being attached to a boat and parachutes! It's very enjoyable actually, and looks alot scarier than it actually is in reality.

I'll update the list as I think of more (like I've been doing with the questions :P)...

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Do you ever write anything other than poetry (blogs don't count :pac:)? If not, any reason why not?

Do you think anyone can learn to write well or do you think you it's something you either have or you don't?

If, for some reason, you couldn't write any more (I don't know, you have no hands/poetry part of the brain is gone.. *shrugs* :P), would you take up something else to make up for it or would it drive you mad?

Favourite United player?

What irritates you most about society? (robbed from someone who asked me the same when I was in the Noclight)

I used to write short-stories for English in secondary school, and it's something I've always wanted to try again, but I don't set enough time to write anything longer than a poem. Lack of determination would be my biggest block at the moment.

I think everyone can do something creative to express themselves. There are books and guides and tutorials for all sorts of things, from gardening to cooking to painting, so there's no reason why anyone should feel they can't at least attempt to write. I think anyone can learn the mechanics, but the challenge is finding words that other people will want to read.

If I had no hands, I'd dictate to someone else or record my voice. If I "lost it" altogether, I'd keep looking until I find something else that would have the same effect. I can't imagine what that would involve though...

Right now, has to be Rooney :) Favourite Manchester United player of all time is Peter Schmeichel.

What irritates me most..? This one is liable to change, but at the moment I'd say shock-and-awe type media. I find things like TV3, Sky News and the Daily Mail unbearable. Sensationalist, pessimistic hype-machines basically, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I've browsed through the posts fairly quickly so I hope this hasn't been posted already.

Where do you honestly see yourself in 10 years time?

Where do you want to be in 10 years time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm gonna ask these questions to every question answer-er!

John or Edward?

Me or Deise?

anddd..

What would you order at a chinese?

:)

• Advertisement

What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is your favourite colour?

What is the capital of Assyria?

My name is Sir Launcelot of Camelot Thomas.

To seek the Holy Grail (metaphorically speaking)

Blue. Black, surprisingly enough.

I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!
    (it's actually Nineveh...)

I've browsed through the posts fairly quickly so I hope this hasn't been posted already.

Where do you honestly see yourself in 10 years time?

Where do you want to be in 10 years time?

I can barely imagine where I'll be in ten weeks dude!

I'll be 31. At that age, I could easily be married with kids, doing a mundane job and hanging on to some bit of fitness by playing Gaelic Football.

Or, I could push myself, have some luck along the way, and become a well-known writer/musician/public figure, and get to see the world while still building a family. In reality, I'll probably end up somewhere in between those two, but I'm still setting high goals for myself either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Do you have any twilight-esque guilty literary pleasures?

What's the longest amount of time you've ever spent online?

Your most un-PC opinion, if you have one.

I'm gonna ask these questions to every question answer-er!

John or Edward?

Me or Deise?

anddd..

What would you order at a chinese?

:)

Pass! :P

You gals are too alike, I wouldn't dare insult either of you! Ye're both awesome.

Either chicken curry with chips or chicken satay with noodles. Great question :)

What looks most appealing to you on that list and will you do it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Favourite Beatles album? Why?

If you don't listen to them, why not?

Favourite Rush album? Why?

If you don't listen to them then get off my internets!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Do you have any twilight-esque guilty literary pleasures?

What's the longest amount of time you've ever spent online?

Your most un-PC opinion, if you have one.

I don't read anywhere near as much as I used to, but there was one series, when I was younger, that sounds quite similar to what I've heard about Twilight. It was the "Night World" series by L.J. Smith. Witches, were-wolves, vampires, romance, the lot. The author never did finish the final book in the series though, unfortunately :/

Longest time on-line would probably have been sometime in the last few days. I've done a few marathon sessions, close to about 12 hours at a time with short breaks of no longer than 30 minutes.

I'm in favour of stem-cell research. That was the only thing I could think of straight away. Might come up with a few more for you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm in favour of stem-cell research. That was the only thing I could think of straight away. Might come up with a few more for you later.

Going to assume you mean embryonic stem-cell research as being the controversial one here (as I generally find that most people are ok with adult stem-cell reseach), and ask specifically:

Why are you in favour of it?

What do you think of the other side's counter-arguments?

(For the record, I am most definitely pro embryonic stem-cell research, with a few provisions. But I have to ask about it because it's probably technically my own "most un-PC" opinion, even though I don't see why it should be controversial..!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What made you choose your college course?

Do you like/dislike it and why?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement