Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Play-Pen: Insect Overlord/An File

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jay P wrote: »
    Favourite Beatles album? Why?

If you don't listen to them, why not?

I like a good few of their songs, but for some reason I've never listened to any of their albums in full. I'll get back to you about it.
    Jako8 wrote: »
    Favourite Rush album? Why?

If you don't listen to them then get off my internets!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Haven't listened to any Rush albums yet. D4RK ONION keeps recommending their material though. I'll get back to you about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jumpguy wrote: »
    What looks most appealing to you on that list and will you do it? :P

I've done paintballing :) I also climbed Croagh Patrick (with Limerick_Dude)

10331_156794509250_516309250_3545301_2678798_n.jpg

so Carauntoohill is next on the list. Limerick_Dude could also tell you a story about the last time we tried mountain-biking, but it's one of those things that you really had to be there to appreciate :D

Bungee-jumping would be awesome. So would sledding, but I don't know of any frozen hills around my part of Limerick that have easy access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'll climb Carauntoohil with ye :p

What would you like to do instead of primary teaching? Since you don't see yourself doing that in the long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Ahh Poet Man, you've a good bit under your belt so! There's no need to make a fool outta yourself to be "extreme and dangerous" after all.

For sledding, come to rural Limerick bub. ;)

I'd climb Carauntoohill too, I had the ****ing opportunity last year but my parents wouldn't let me (I don't even like thinking about it...). If you're doing it give us a tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Ahh Poet Man, you've a good bit under your belt so! There's no need to make a fool outta yourself to be "extreme and dangerous" after all.

For sledding, come to rural Limerick bub. ;)

I'd climb Carauntoohill too, I had the ****ing opportunity last year but my parents wouldn't let me (I don't even like thinking about it...). If you're doing it give us a tell...
    What part of Limerick are you from? I'd like to go sledding as well?

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Jayzuz lads, have you ever been outside the city? There'd loads. Find any hill with a road/field with snow and ice on it and off you pop. You could go down to the black rock valley in Killarney, judging from the news it's good down there but the roads are bad. TBH, time is nearly up now...unless this snow we're meant to be getting is serious and it doesn't thaw this week to get rid of the ice.

It'd be difficult in the city though getting to rural places, I can understand, with the roads. So unless you can walk, it's probs best not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Jayzuz lads, have you ever been outside the city? There'd loads. Find any hill with a road/field with snow and ice on it and off you pop. You could go down to the black rock valley in Killarney, judging from the news it's good down there but the roads are bad. TBH, time is nearly up now...unless this snow we're meant to be getting is serious and it doesn't thaw this week to get rid of the ice.

It'd be difficult in the city though getting to rural places, I can understand, with the roads. So unless you can walk, it's probs best not to.

Off to Lough Gur myself tommorrow. :D
    Its supposed to be frozen over so im going for the aul skating.

Poet, do you like salt or vineger on your chips?

Will there be a Traffic 7 or 8? :D;)

Fad wrote: »
    What made you choose your college course?

Do you like/dislike it and why?

I'd been thinking about doing teaching since I was in Primary school, got to spend 2 weeks in a classroom for TY work experience and still liked the idea. By the time I got around to filling out my CAO I hadn't come up with any better ideas, so I put teaching at the top of the list. It was also quite convenient to go to Mary I, as it only takes 15 minutes to cycle from my house to college.

I really dislike parts of the course and like other parts. The best thing about the place is the people I've met there. Have a read through the Mary I sticky thread in the UL forum for a better idea of the ups and downs of the college.

I'll climb Carauntoohil with ye :p

What would you like to do instead of primary teaching? Since you don't see yourself doing that in the long term?

I honestly don't know. That's part of the problem at the moment. I have too many interests, it's been difficult trying to narrow down my options.
    Jackobyte wrote: »

Out near the Gaelic Grounds, if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Are you a racist?

Off to Lough Gur myself tommorrow. :D
    Its supposed to be frozen over so im going for the aul skating.

Poet, do you like salt or vineger on your chips?

Enjoy that! And be careful, etc.

I enjoy a little bit of salt with only a tiny bit of vinegar on my chips. Curry sauce beats all others though.
    Will there be a Traffic 7 or 8? :D;)

I hope so! Nearly recorded a new one last week, but then realised at the last minute that the XD card was missing from my camera.

Please dont we at boards like you and dont want you to die..... lol imo i would rather take my chances alone in south hill at night with no phone rather than skate a ''frozen lake'' :P
    Actually, I was walking on a frozen lake today. Rock-solid. Was jumping and everything and it was grand.*

*Note: I do not advise walking/skating on frozen lakes for your own safety

*ahem* Sorry Poet Man...

Tell us your favourite trait about yourself...

Please dont we at boards like you and dont want you to die..... lol imo i would rather take my chances alone in south hill at night with no phone rather than skate a ''frozen lake'' :P

O_o
    bythewoods wrote: »
    Are you a racist?

Nope! ::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Ahh seriously girl..DON'T :eek:

You or one of your mates WILL no doubt fall through the ice and could die.

SERIOUSLY don't.

Try and change your friends minds and go...sledding down a hill or something...anything than skating on that Lough.

well... its my dad! :o

And theres been loadsa people on it from the Bruff area been on it lately.

I'll be careful though :)

edit: poet, have you been to a limerick gaa match? :D

Nope! ::D

Would you marry a traveller?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Actually, I was walking on a frozen lake today. Rock-solid. Was jumping and everything and it was grand.*

*Note: I do not advise walking/skating on frozen lakes for your own safety

*ahem* Sorry Poet Man...

The whole lake would not have been rock solid.
    Only the top layer and even then it depends how deep that could be.
    Parts of the lake will not be as frozen as others.
    You were lucky in the parts you were walking and .....jumping on(:eek:)

To Insect Overlord!

Favourite bad guy in a movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

well... its my dad! :o

And theres been loadsa people on it from the Bruff area been on it lately.

I'll be careful though :)

Well if you fall through that ice I'm going to come down and kick your bottom for putting your life in danger! :D

Stick to the edge bits at least, not away out in the middle if you do go.

Another question to I.O

If you had to spend a year in one city in the world and only that city.....which one would it be?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Whats your favourite flavour crisps? And do you agree "ready salted" are the most boring, non-edible of all crisps?

Oh and whats the deal with your username did you find a new fascination in insects?

Do you think you'd make a good pirate? :P

The whole lake would not have been rock solid.
    Only the top layer and even then it depends how deep that could be.
    Parts of the lake will not be as frozen as others.
    You were lucky in the parts you were walking and .....jumping on(:eek:)

To Insect Overlord!

I know, it wasn't. But there was atleast 2 inchs of ice on it (guesstimate, it held me anyway!). But I'd heard they were people skating on it today and wanted to try it out. It was dark and I was with a friend (probably not the safest...). It's been frozen over since the beginning of the cold snap and was very thick. I didn't go out to the middle or anything though.

• Advertisement

Tell us your favourite trait about yourself...

Being a good listener can have its benefits.

Yes, but only within Limerick. I occasionally do stewarding work at the Gaelic Grounds too, which is very cool! :pac:

bythewoods wrote: »
    Would you marry a traveller?

Never say never! :pac:

I've actually never spoken to a female traveller before, to be honest.

Scott Evil, Austin Powers 3 :D

Tyler Turden in Fight Club, if you want a more serious answer.

If you had to spend a year in one city in the world and only that city.....which one would it be?

That's a pretty good question. Vancouver is an impressive city, but from what I've experienced of it I might find it too similar to Ireland. That was how it felt when I visited the place anyway.
    I'd like to see Italy. I definitely wouldn't mind switching to the Mediterranean diet and weather for a year :) Which city in particular, I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Today, my favourite song is "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons.

Good answer.

How do they get the figs into the fig rolls?

Most annoying ad on tv?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Whats your favourite flavour crisps? And do you agree "ready salted" are the most boring, non-edible of all crisps?

Oh and whats the deal with your username did you find a new fascination in insects?

Do you think you'd make a good pirate? :P

Cheese and onion is always the best. BBQ can be nice sometimes as well.
    Ready Salted are awful, but Salt & Vinegar are the least edible of all crisps.

I saw that old episode of the Simpsons when Homer goes to space, and that scene when the ant-farm explodes in the space-ship stayed on my mind. Then somebody started complaining over in After Hours about the over-used "I for one welcome our new _____ overlords" line, so I adopted it as my name to see if it would get any bit of a reaction :D

I'd make a grrrrrrrrreat pirate! 20631_283019724250_516309250_4673846_2509652_n.jpg

This thread has been Hijacked :p

When can we expect the next name change?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Are you enjoying the fact that you don't have to answer as many questions because of the thread hijack? :pac:

What do you think of people who dont use any punctuation does it really annoy you do you read punctuationless things in a fast continuous voice do you want to kill them all mate how are things anyway see isnt it horrendous when the topic is changed and you just dont know whats going on because punctuation is life Im tired god I may just post this already

*puts on Mod hat*

hitlersson666, not a single one of your posts in this thread has been on topic. I'm going to move your conversation over to The Den. Post off-topic in a thread like this again and you will be infracted.

*takes off Mod-hat*

Everyone else, keep the questions coming :)

• Advertisement

What is the Meaning of Life?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement