Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Panal Removal ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hedges

You would think i've a spare bit of wire in the shed ??

No such luck

Ill be back tomorrow,

Anything else I can try in the mean time

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there are any spare cores on the keypad cable you could try using a different pair to the blue & yellow.

Right, Im Back Again

Got it wired again on short wire.
    Checked wires, no problem there, same as before

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to eliminate either the panel or the keypad.
    Either try the keypad on another panel or try another keypad on that panel.

The keypad that I've wired is brand new, fresh out of the box, so i'd say its a problem with the panel

• Advertisement

But on the other hand the original damage was done to the keypad not the panel,
    You will only find out by eliminating one or the other. You other option would be bring it back to the supplier & ask them to check it on a panel.
    If its good then look at a new panel.
    As mentioned earlier in the post , if you are looking at a panel & keypad go for the SigNet or something more up to date than HKC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

hedges wrote: »
    Right Lads,

Im back looking for more help

I got a new keypad and fitted same

No problems there

Once the power was turned back on, the alarm bells activated inside and out. I entered my code and that shut the bells up.

Now here's the problem...

The light for showing a fault is lit, and when I enter my code I get the following message:
    "Comms Fault" "Panel cannot set " "Contact Engineer"

As you have guessed I can’t set the alarm now.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to what I can do next (If Anything) would be welcome

Thanks

Hedges

Hi hedges,

There is nothing wrong with the new keypad.

The reason this is happening is because the keypad has an Id on the alarm, e.g. the keypad was identified like an ID sensor on the alarm when it was first installed. Replacing the keypad with a new one will give you the fault that you are having. The only way to fix this is either get the eng code off the alarm and erase the original keypad or replace the alarm circuit board and reprogram the alarm.

Sorry there is no other way around this..

Was hoping that wasn't the comms problem,Hedges..Sure.. thats HKC for ya!!!

Anyway all is not lost . Do not waste your money on a new HKC panel.
    PM me your details & I will get it defaulted for you.

The problem was more so down to the installer who eng locked the panel, not the brand..

altor wrote: »
    The problem was more so down to the installer who eng locked the panel, not the brand..
    Is that not the safe thing to do?????:confused::confused:
    If it were not locked the system could be defaulted & disarmed in under a minute. All the information required to do this is freely available in every engineer manual & on the net.

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote: »
    Is that not the safe thing to do?????:confused::confused:
    If it were not locked the system could be defaulted & disarmed in under a minute. All the information required to do this is freely available in every engineer manual & on the net.

Its a of making more money off the people who own the alarm so they have to stick with the same installer..

Regardless of the alarm being eng locked it can be disabled in less than a minute :rolleyes:

Its a of making more money off the people who own the alarm so they have to stick with the same installer..

As any decent engineer can default a system how is it a method of making someone stick with the one installer. ????????

Altor it seems you want to pick an argument about everything latley. Thats fine by me, but show a bit of respect to the OP & start a new thread if you want to argue the points re engineer locking of panels.
    Better still do a search. Its been hammered out many times..
    If your happy to leave your panel unlocked & your customers vunerable thats fine. I lock mine but will happily unlock for free if a customer is unhappy with our service . Surly thats the best option for all concerned. Would you agree?

As any decent engineer can default a system how is it a method of making someone stick with the one installer. ????????

If the panel is eng locked and has to be defaulted and reprogrammed who pays for this service ?

Altor it seems you want to pick an argument about everything latley. Thats fine by me, but show a bit of respect to the OP & start a new thread if you want to argue the points re engineer locking of panels.
    Better still do a search. Its been hammered out many times..
    If your happy to leave your panel unlocked & your customers vunerable thats fine. I lock mine but will happily unlock for free if a customer is unhappy with our service . Surly thats the best option for all concerned. Would you agree?

Yes i do agree with you, but not all installers would offer this service for free.

I am not on here to argue koolkid, just to give my opinion..

If the panel is eng locked and has to be defaulted and reprogrammed who pays for this service ?
    Obviousally if you have a new company servicing your system they would have no problem including this in the work they are doing.
    Yes i do agree with you, but not all installers would offer this service for free.
    Whether they do or not does not really matter. If the customer want to change companies they will. If the new company the call out wont or cant unlock the panel then they don't deserve the business anyway.

Agreed :D

Gentlemen

Thank you for your time and comments

Hedges

Your welcome..

hedges wrote: »
    Gentlemen

Thank you for your time and comments

Hedges

Your welcome, we are always here to help..

Advertisement