Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large jerry can - where to buy?

• 09-01-2010 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't have to a jerry can, could be any sort of water container but of a decent capacity 20-25 litres.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you need to be able to move it? How about one of those rainwater butts that you can buy in Homebase, Woodies etc.
    We had a very big plastic 'jerrycan' about 20 litres, but it was recycled from some sort of an industrial-quantity food product. It was a total dead weight when it was full. Almost impossible to pour from, you could only fill it half full or the water sloshed everywhere. You would probably be better off with those 5 litre water bottles, though you probably already have them.
    If there is a firm out there that uses large plastic containers for food products they might consider 'recycling' some to people having to collect water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Woodies have them... what about a Caravan shop???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I checked morris's , woodies, DPL, Brooks, heatmerchants, Easter Island garden centre and the co-op out in Kilmeaden today all drums for holding water sold out

Edit: checked clem jacob and waterford hire too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

New dustbin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

ya can try the army shop aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers everyone, I'll call into Homebase tomorrow and see, the website (UK) has a 20 ltr jerrycan listed.. It needs to be of decent size but I'll be decantering its contents into smaller containers for actual use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭cheersfred

Try autofactors up by the hyper and Autobattery out at the six cross roads. Got them in both places last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Dermot Kehoe in New Ross, or SE Airsoft, again in New Ross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Autozone - Unit 3, Waterford Business Park, Cork Road, Waterford

Tel: 051-392646

Should have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Argos have them. Was looking for these myself and couldn't find them anywhere.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/0190178/Trail/searchtext%3E25+LITRE.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

you should post this over in military also coz they would definately be able to point you in the right direction

I'm pretty certain to find one I reckon! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stephenc1979

Camping supply shop in New Ross should have what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

They have huge green jerry cans in both Halfords and Deevys - Deevys is cheaper as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

mike65 wrote: »
    Cheers everyone, I'll call into Homebase tomorrow and see, the website (UK) has a 20 ltr jerrycan listed.. It needs to be of decent size but I'll be decantering its contents into smaller containers for actual use.

Homebase is your best bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

As much as I hate to promote them because they're usually useless, Halfords have fantastic Jerry Cans. They do two plastic ones, one 25 litres with a tap, and one 10 litres with no tap. The 25 litre one is about 20 euro, and the 10 litre one is 12 Euro - I use them to hold water for my business when I'm out on the road, and they do the job perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

E. Fox Engineers in Dublin sell 20L green gerry cans that can be used for water or fuel.
    They are € 25 each + shipping.

E. Fox Engineers Ltd.
    www.efox.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

Deevys have the large metal ones. Not sure on price but probably cheaper than Halfrauds as with a lot of stuff :D

edit: Ah man im on a roll today with the old threads.

:D The pipes thawed out sometime ago :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

boyesy mulrooney has some down there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

mike65 wrote: »
    It doesn't have to a jerry can, could be any sort of water container but of a decent capacity 20-25 litres.
    DEEVYs on the mall have 'em. All sizes.

Advertisement