Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 to Vodafone Mid Contract

• 09-01-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I am currently in a 3 contract, due to expire in July. so I have 6 months left.

I want to go for the Iphone on Vodafone when it comes out.

Looking at other threads it seems I can just go to vodafone and port the number, and I'll be charged the remainder by 3 in a final bill. Obviously its in my interests to ensure I'm on the minimum monthly tariff.

Could I also consider porting the number to a vodafone prepay before the iphone launchs and similarly have 3 send me a final bill.

This is probably something for the vodafone forum, but I've sent them pm's with no response, and I'm curious anyway to hear from people who have done the same or similar on other networks..

Can anyone offer any advice, or suggest something I haven't considered.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Since you are 6 months in you can downgrade to the lowest tariff on 3. Then cancel and pay the remaining months. Make sure you leave it on the lower tariff for awhile before you cancel. If you request to go to the lower tariff, and cancel before you have actually been switched on to it, they will charge the remaining months at the higher tariff rate.

You can switch to vodafone pay as you go if you wish. It makes no odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stephenc1979

Thanks, for the reply Davy, I was thinking the same thing with the monthly tariff, not getting caught out with the billing date....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fluffy70

Davy wrote: »
    Since you are 6 months in you can downgrade to the lowest tariff on 3. Then cancel and pay the remaining months. Make sure you leave it on the lower tariff for awhile before you cancel. If you request to go to the lower tariff, and cancel before you have actually been switched on to it, they will charge the remaining months at the higher tariff rate.

You can switch to vodafone pay as you go if you wish. It makes no odds.
    I don`t think he has to change Tariff.Don`t all the networks charge a disconnection fee based on what months are left on the contract multiplied by their lowest tariff price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is based on what ever tariff you are on at the moment of cancellation.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It is based on what ever tariff you are on at the moment of cancellation.

Based on? I thought it was just the number of months that you remained contracted by the monthly tariff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Based on? I thought it was just the number of months that you remained contracted by the monthly tariff.
    Yes, the tariff multiplied by the number of remaining months. So it would pay to switch to the lowest tariff before moving.

Thanks Bond

Advertisement