Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Hours and pay cuts.

Options
  • 09-01-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all I am looking for some advice on the situation I find myself in. I have worked in a shop as a manager for the last 3years,(2 1/2 years full-time) I went back to college last year and went part-time (16hoursPW). At the beginning of December my hours were cut to 12 per week. Got an email off my employer today saying that from the 6th Feb I have to take a 10% pay cut. I am really not happy about this as between losing hours and now this I am down nearly 100E per week.

So my question is: can I do anything about it? are my options leaving, which I wouldn't want to do or live with it? If I refuse to accept it am I entitled to redundancy?

My employer is very un approachable and as I read in an earlier thread, he has to provide this in writing and I have to sign it. Is this true, as all I have recieved is an email, or is that sufficient?

Also, when my hours changed from full to part-time I was not given a new contract. Would this have any bearing on the severence package I may recieved if that is even an option?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement