Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hurler C+C

• 09-01-2010 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Taken on Stephens day on dollymount strand.

4246437572_b7f629b310.jpg

I like it, but maybe i should crop it different ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

I think you should definitely crop it to get the most out of it...to remove the current corners. How about just left of where the sliotar is in the air and a bit below of where the guy is striking??
    Definitely a nice idea for a photo:) I wouldnt have the sliotars to be lashing into the sea like that :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

I like the space. Gives a visual context for the subject, and where the subject is placed is automatically where the viewer's eye is drawn. They sky is so pretty, it would be a shame to crop it out :) it creates a great sense of solitude too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

a great example of where the 'rule of thirds' would work
    crop so that the hurler is on a point of the thirds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

tororosso wrote: »
    I think you should definitely crop it to get the most out of it...to remove the current corners. How about just left of where the sliotar is in the air and a bit below of where the guy is striking??
    Definitely a nice idea for a photo:) I wouldnt have the sliotars to be lashing into the sea like that :eek:

hehe it does look like he is hitting the sliotar out to sea doesn't it ?

he was actually hitting parallel to the sea to his friend of frame ...

Thanks all for comments .... i'll post a new crop soon ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Thats cool! Its nice that it is a little ambiguous that way. When I initially looked at it that is what I saw but now it makes sense; although I still like to look at it as hitting it out to sea...seems more Epic for some reason..like that Guiness ad a few years ago:D
    Yeah let us see the crop when you get a chance...

• Advertisement

Some new crops
    4270124986_2ed788a337.jpg

4270149478_dcf17e2054.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Number 2 adds alot to the image in my opinion!

Cant edit to add this one ???

anyway ...

4269459633_d5edfb40a6.jpg

Yes , I like 2 cos it gets that nice bit of sky in there....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 templar01

I like no.2 definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Ive had a quick mess with cropping this in CS3.

I Really like those rays of sun bursting through the clouds, the hints of blue in the sky and really the vastness on the beach with that light reflecting all the way down the sand.
    Theres no way id crop out those rays
    The hurler is in a bit of an akward position to crop it and get the same feel.
    Of the two ive had a go at I prefer 'hurler 2' the best but would be very tempted to leave the original alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement