Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lock problems.

• 09-01-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

ah seriously when is this ice/snow gonna end its a nightmare.
    dont get me wrong you just slow down and its grand but...

Havin only bought an alfa GT before xmas I feel like I have hardly got to drive it yet.

And if that wasnt enough I got up this morning to go to an exam and de iced the car with water as normal slightly luke warm water over the entire thing a few times till it was what looked like completely clear.

Anyway I open the door the window just about rolled down as it normally does and then I get in try close the door but it wont close the lock had seized up completely and it wouldnt click into place.

Eventually I just had to leave the car and take the missuses car closed the door over as best i could and came back 2 hours later and it closed fine.

I presume cause I hadnt driven it in a few days the lock was just so frozen it started seizing up.

I sprayed some anti freeze at it that morning and when I got home used a bit of Wd40 on it so hopefully it'll stay ok and I will be opening the car every day now whether I'm using it or not so theres the tip people dont forget about your car!!!

Open it and run the engine too. :)

Advertisement